Rclone low throughput when playing large files

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Buffering when playing remux files. It appears rclone isn't using enough bandwidth to download to memory as there isn't enough throughput (using 150/150 internet).

In this screenshot below, I was playing a 67Mb/s (combined bit rate) video file...

Can I make optimizations to increase throughput?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.56.0
- os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.4.0-1042-raspi (aarch64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: arm64
- go/version: go1.16.5
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive crypt

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Environment=RCLONE_UMASK=002
Environment=RCLONE_ALLOW_OTHER=true
Environment=RCLONE_POLL_INTERVAL=10s
Environment=RCLONE_DIR_CACHE_TIME=1000h
Environment=RCLONE_RC_ENABLE_METRICS=true
Environment=RCLONE_RC_ADDR=0.0.0.0:5801
Environment=RCLONE_USE_MMAP=true
Environment=RCLONE_PACER_MIN_SLEEP=10ms
Environment=RCLONE_DRIVE_PACER_BURST=200

ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount crypt: /mnt/rc-crypt \
	--vfs-cache-mode writes \
	--buffer-size 800M \
	-vv --log-file=/mnt/tmpcache/crypt.log \
	--rc
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true _async=true --rc-addr ${RCLONE_RC_ADDR}

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

N/A

A log from the command with the -vv flag

What OS are you running?
Are you using Plex? Are you Direct Playing or Transcoding?

RClone looks fine from the log as I'd guess you are transcoding and your server can't keep up.

OS details are included in the initial post.

Not sure about being "fine". It was buffering from the very beginning.

Goes without saying that the 4K remux file was being Direct played.

You didn't include the OS as you included the rclone version output. I wanted to confirm the OS as you might have the wrong binary installed so instead of guessing if you do or do not, that's why I'm asking for the OS details which is not in the first post.

I said rclone is fine from the log which is why I asked follow up questions which you did not answer.

Are you using Plex?

It does? Did you check? You have a .srt in there as well so that transcodes most times. Can you share a screenshot of it direct playing?

I can't see your screen and I'm trying to help so by sharing what you are seeing that helps. If you want to not share, there's not much to do as I don't make assumptions. I want the data.

That makes no sense, of course I have the correct binary installed and the version info accurately reflects what I’m using.

Well I said that I did. Are you telling me something that I don’t know myself?

And yes, I’m using Plex.

Good luck as perhaps someone else can give you a hand as you rather argue than provide the information being asked.

What? I literally told you that the OS in rclone version is the one I'm using. Seems to me that you're the one beating around the bush with your nonsensical questions.

You seem to be more interested in knowing what OS I'm using and that I'm "supposedly using a wrong binary" and claiming that its transcoding and that apparently "my server can't keep up". None of which actually relate to the issue at hand.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.