Rclone locks config while running

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

As feared by @rahvee in 2019 rclone appears to lock its config file while running.
Not a problem with static configs but syncing two OneDrive targets in parallel brings AUTH errors for the later started sync job*.
My workaround is using separated configs but I'm not sure this is intended behavior so I just tell you my sighting.

HTH!

* each job runs flawlessly when it's the only rclone instance

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.62.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19043.1288 Build 19043.1288.1288 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.2
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

2x OneDrive in parallel

The config isn't locked.

Are you getting an error as that's not a problem in your setup?

If so, please share the debug log of the error.

Hundreds of lines containing
[date] [time] ERROR : [filename]: Failed to copy: InvalidAuthenticationToken: CompactToken validation failed with reason code: 80049228.

After I killed the 1st rclone instance the errors were gone.

There is no debug log, I would have to recreate the issue by setting my configs back.

If there is an issue with the rclone.conf saving, we'd want to see it via a debug log so recreating it would be helpful as we've had numerous discussions on the rclone.conf / how it works and not saying you haven't found a bug, but if so, we'd need to fix it.

This should work. Rclone goes to some effort not to overwrite writes by other rclones in the config file. Its not foolproof but it does usually work.

Rclone will debug things about loading the and saving the config file so we we could see those debugs from the two processes, maybe we can work out what is going on.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.