Rclone link --unlink dropbox personal folder (on biz account)

Hello all, I was able to to connect to the personal folder using impersonation (lsf etc work fine) when I try link --unlink I see the following:

clone link --unlink "xxxxx/longpath.pptx" --dropbox-impersonate xxx@xxx -vvvv
2023/02/09 19:33:50 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.61.1" starting with parameters ["rclone" "link" "--unlink" "long path" "--dropbox-impersonate" "xxx@xxxx" "-vvvv"]
2023/02/09 19:33:50 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "correct path/file name"
2023/02/09 19:33:50 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\rclone\rclone.conf"
2023/02/09 19:33:50 DEBUG : invnt2: detected overridden config - adding "{fqZaC}" suffix to name
2023/02/09 19:33:51 DEBUG : Dropbox root '': Using root namespace "1194998130"
2023/02/09 19:33:52 DEBUG : fs cache: adding new entry for parent of "long path/file", "xxxx{fqZaC}:long path"
2023/02/09 19:33:52 DEBUG : Dropbox root 'path': attempting to share 'Ifilename' (absolute path: /long path)
2023/02/09 19:33:53 DEBUG : /long path and file name : has a public link already, attempting to retrieve it
Dropbox - Error public link
2023/02/09 19:33:54 DEBUG : 6 go routines active
2023/02/09 19:33:54 INFO : Dropbox root 'long path': Committing uploads - please wait...

thanks!

Can you post this error message again in `backquotes` - I think the forum software messed with it!

Thanks

apologies I got pulled away from this - this is just be posting https://dropbox.com/ with whatever the standard prefix is for downloads

OK. I didn't actually see an error in the above though - what is the problem?

As far as I can tell it doesn’t actually remove the link

The docs say expected behavior is to show the link as output - and I turned on a ton of -v.

I think the challenge is that this seems
To require impersonation due to limitations of the Dropbox api

I just looked at the code for the dropbox backend... Apparently it doesn't implement --unlink!

Interesting, for this project I started testing GitHub - watermint/toolbox: CLI tools for Dropbox and Dropbox Business

Which might have some useful stuff for expanding Dropbox support down the road (it was recommended to me by Dropbox support)

It probably wouldn't be very difficult to add unlink support if someone wanted to have a go.

In the beginning rclone link didn't have --unlink support, so backends written before that point don't have --unlink support.

The bigger Challange I think is how Dropbox handles impersonation - even with an api key with full access I had to impersonation of specific users to get to their content (this is on the business accounts that have the whole “team” files concept) they code seems to streamline that somewhat .

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.