Rclone inconsistant

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Inconsistent results between mount and non mount.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.48.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.12.6

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Linux 4.15.0-58-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 6 11:12:41 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

copy command: rclone copy [local-source] [remote-destination] --transfers 64 --tpslimit 10 -l

mount command: /usr/bin/rclone mount secret:/ /remote --tpslimit 10 --user-agent=blehar2 --size-only --fast-list --stats-file-name-length 0 --allow-other --allow-non-empty --acd-templink-threshold 0 --stats 1m --buffer-size 256M --timeout 5s --contimeout 5s --vfs-cache-mode writes --transfers 20 --log-level INFO --log-file /var/log/rclonemount.log

I just copied 3 files. The are numbered 1, 2 and 3. They were all copied at the same time using the above command in different threads.

Now once they're completed, I do an ls on the folder they were copied to using two different methods and get the following results:

command: rclone ls secret:/path/
result: /<file #3>

if I use my existing rclone mount:

command: ls
result: /<file #1>

This is doing my head in. I'm not even sure how I can see 2 different results with the 2 methods, and where did file #2 go?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

You got a pretty old mount command going on there.

Is for Amazon Drive and can be removed.

Is generally bad as it allows for over mounting and hiding things. Should never really be used.

Does nothing on a mount.

Those do nothing on a mount.

Google Drive only allows for ~3 files per second to setting the transfers to 64 would be generally bad as it would toss a lot of errors.

I can't quite tell what you are doing to copy files though.

Can you share the commands and actual output from the commands?

If you are copying to the mount, can you change it from INFO to DEBUG as that's the log we want to take a look at.

I have a script that runs to do the copy, and I don't usually copy to a mount. I'm copying using the rclone copy command with "--transfers 64 --tpslimit 10 -l"

The only weird thing I can think of is something with the fact that 3 were copying at the same time from different threads. My script is triggered from my torrent client, and I had 3 torrents that completed around the same time, so all 3 were being copied.

I appreciate the mount tips, I cleared out the old or unused commands, I'd hadn't updated it in a long time.

I think I'll pump up the logging in my script and inspect the output next time I have this issue. Typically I don't have this problem, but typically I'm not doing 3 files at once.

If you are using rclone copy to a remote, changes in the mount normally show up within ~1 minute based on polling.

I run an upload script every night doing that. The number of transfers would matter much but 64 generates a ton of error most likely.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.