RClone in container & how to automate

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Not a problem really, just trying to learn.
rclone works fine in docker container (that took me a while). Web GUI working fine (Another learning curve to add a .cache folder bind).
I can open a console in Portainer for the rclone container and I can sync everything I need without issues using the command line with bin/sh and the correct UID. (Backing up the OneDrive or SharePoint to a local disk.)
How can I automate the process? For example, using a scheduled task in OMV to run a script inside the container? I have searched and searched for two days, and am missing a keyword in my searches, or else there's no use case for it apart from mine!

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone/1.53.3

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Raspberry Pi 4b 4Gb ARMHF headless unit. With OMV5 installed and Docker with Portainer, Plex, Pihole & rclone containers.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive and SharePoint. Hope to use Google Photos and Drive too if I can get the schedule working.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

docker exec rclone sync -v Remote: /Local/Folder

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Work]
type = onedrive
token = DELETED
drive_id = b!-----
drive_type = business

[Personal]
type = onedrive
token = DELETED
drive_id = db----
drive_type = personal

[HQ]
type = onedrive
token = DELETED
drive_id = b!----
drive_type = documentLibrary

OK. I found another forum post on this subject...

Looks like I need to work around the command line inserting into the docker?

Unable to include links in my posts... so post/topic# 14084 - official docker image i cant understand it general concepts

But I am not sure I need to start the docker container each time I pass the command into the container?

Anyone with any advice or help I sure would appreciate it.

does this help
How to set up RClone WebGUI server as a Docker Container

Thanks Jojo,

I did see that post, but had managed to get the rclone in a docker, the web GUI and the linking to the remote cloud storage all sorted before finding that one.

I just need (would like) to automate the running of the rclone sync in the docker. I think I will give the docker command line a try and tweak where I need. I did try previously without success, will try again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.