Rclone ignores certain filetypes, how can I include them?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

rclone ignores certain filetypes.
File skipped are met with the following error messages:

Unknown export type "application/epub+zip" - ignoring
Unknown export type "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation" - ignoring
Unknown export type "text/tab-separated-values" - ignoring

i.e. .csv and .zip files as well as a Google Slides presentation.
Strangely it copies .tbz, movies and image files all fine.
I need to copy these .zip and .csv files for a backup of my Google drive (I don't mind about the google slides).

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone --version
rclone v1.29

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

uname -a
Linux vm6 2.6.32-73-generic #141-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 10 17:15:10 UTC 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone --retries 20 --timeout 11m --drive-formats odt,ods sync gdrive: ./MyGoogleDriveBackupFolder/ -v
rclone --retries 20 --timeout 11m --drive-formats odt,ods sync gdrive: ./MyGoogleDriveBackupFolder/ -v -u

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

I did not use -vv as with -v the error seems explicit enough:
2019/11/13 11:41:32 <directory name>/<file name>: Unknown export type "application/epub+zip" - ignoring

Unknown export type "application/epub+zip" - ignoring
Unknown export type "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation" - ignoring
Unknown export type "text/tab-separated-values" - ignoring

If the version is really 1.29, that's more than 4-5 years old so you'd want to upgrade and retry / post the debug log.

"It belongs in a museum!" - Indiana Jones

So yea - update, please, for the love of god :stuck_out_tongue:
And in future, be cautious of installing rclone from Linux repositories as many of them seem to have very outdated versions.

The best and easiest way to install the newest version directly from the source is this (from the download page):

curl https://rclone.org/install.sh | sudo bash

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.