Rclone GUI for running jobs

Currently I run rclone mount and move operations. Mount is run via a systemd service (seen below) and move is run via a cron job. I'd like to use rclone gui to view stats and such.

The only way I know how to run rclone gui is via

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr 127.0.0.1:5574 --config /root/.rclone.conf --rc-user gui --rc-pass pass --rc-web-gui-no-open-browser

rclone mount:

[Unit]
Description=Encrypted Vault rclone Service
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=notify
KillMode=none
RestartSec=5
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount c-vault: /mnt/cvault \
--allow-other \
--attr-timeout 1000h \
--buffer-size 64M \
--dir-cache-time 1000h \
--log-level INFO \
--log-file /opt/rclone/logs/cvault-service.log \
--poll-interval 15s \
--timeout 1h \
--umask 002 \
--user-agent vaultapp \
--rc \
--rc-addr 127.0.0.1:5573
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /mnt/cvault
Restart=on-failure
User=root
Group=root

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

How do i run the rclone gui to include the systemd service already running?

The rclone GUI will show you some stats I think, like bandwidth.

Its main purpose isn't to show stats though it is to be a GUI for using rclone.

Maybe it should have better stats viewing - what do you think @negative0 ?

@ncw I personally am looking for a gui to use rclone, but also to manage it. As far as i can tell the gui does not help manage currenly running jobs, mounts, etc. It would be great to see the logs that are being generated by those jobs, adjust flags, etc. That's personally where I'd find more value.

Yep. I installed the GUI then found out its basically useless for my needs as you can't start move or copy from local fs and so on.

The webGUI is still early in development and only has some of the more basic features. Feel free to go make some requests in the development threads about it, but understand that it will probably take some time before this can be a go-to solution for everything you want to do with rclone...

Meanwhile, you maybe want to check out the "revived" Rclone Browser if you strongly prefer a GUI but still want to be able to do advanced tasks. (note: this is not built or maintained by the rclone devs but is seems to be pretty decent and is seeing frequent update an maintainance):

Do not confuse it for the old Rclone Browser project. That died and became badly outdated a long time ago. kapitainsky branched it to continue the work on it.

@ncw How do you feel about linking to outside rclone-related projects like this? Kosher?

The rc is certainly capable of that... Someone did an alternate gui which was focussed on that - a bit of searching in the forum might turn it up!

Sure you can, just open a split pane explorer on the local and one on the remote then move or copy as you wish

1 Like

Fine! I had a discussion about moving it into the rclone project with the author which I dropped the ball on...

You want me to bring it up to him? Personally I think that would be a good idea, as rclone definitely is lacking on the GUI front and that really limits the user-base to a more niche crowd.

He contacted me recently about porting over my precache scripts and instructions so we've talked a bit and he seems like a good guy. Apparently a bit limited on the hard coding experience, but knows GUI well - so that seems a case where it would be mutually beneficial actually...

We should definitely include more stats. That's where the new plugins come into play. Each stat window will be developed as a plugin. Some plugins like speed should be enabled by default, and some will can be enabled based on what you want to see.

I've revived the email thread I had with him - thanks for reminding me about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.