Rclone Google Drive places deleted files in the root directory

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Rclone is placing files in the root folder of the Google Drive of the account rclone is linked to. I just wonder if a command needs to be added to the script or find out why this behaviour is happening. Rclone is supposed to download copies onto the computer but didn't expect Rclone to make changes to the files of the Google account. Thanks!

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.50.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.3

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync $BACKUP_SOURCE $BACKUP_DEST -v --ignore-errors --drive-alternate-export --drive-acknowledge-abuse --drive-skip-checksum-gphotos --log-file=$LOG

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

THANK YOU!

Sync makes the destination look like the source.

It depends on what your source and destination are as to what changes.

The command contains variables and you didn't include any of the other information so it's very tough to guess what's happening.

The version is many years old and should be upgraded as well.

Thanks for your answer. Do you know if there is any option that rclone creates files in the source? The current problem is that files are automatically appearing on the root folder of the source after the rclone sync finishes. Those files look like files that were deleted during the day. If yes, is there any option to stop it?

On any command, rclone never creates in the source so you'd have to share details.

Rclone operates from source to destination be it copy / sync / move / etc.

What you are suggesting would mean there is a bug, if that was the case so you'd have to share a log/rclone.conf/etc.

Thanks very much. I've just updated the version of rclone and I will check if the problem happens again, if yes I will raise a post in the BUG section.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.