Rclone files not accessible

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have 3 computers all hooked up to the same google drive. I use google drive for Plex. I have an old computer running windows 10 as my medial download / upload to the cloud computer. I have a Windows 7 unit as the Plex server, and then I have my Windows 10 gaming PC as my main computer. I normally just use remote PC from my gaming PC to control the other 2.

Recently, my plex files have intermittently stopped working with some sort of transcoder error. I began investigating and it does not appear to be a Plex issue but more of an rclone issue. All 3 machines have the gcrypt mounted to "X:". Even using file explorer and finding the files that failed in plex, they also fail to open in VLC on my gaming PC and my server. I get an error saying the file is not accessible. However, the PC that I use to download/upload can access the files through file explorer.
The file not being accessible by the server PC explains why Plex can't play it, but I'm not sure how this happened or how to remedy it.

It may also be important to note that gaming PC and server PC are using rclone through the same google account, and the download/upload PC is using rclone through another google account to help extend the 750gb limit a little.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.52.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 7 64x
Windows 10 64x

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

SERVER

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxxxxx
client_secret = xxxxxxxxx
scope = drive
use_trash = false
chunk_size = 16M
token = {"access_token":"x"}
team_drive = xxxxxxxxxx

[gcrypt2]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:gdrive
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = xxx
password2 = xxxxxx

GAMING

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxxxxxx
client_secret = xxxxxxxx
scope = drive
use_trash = false
chunk_size = 16M
token = {"access_token":"xxxxx"}
team_drive = xxxxxx
server_side_across_configs = true

[gcrypt2]
type = crypt
password = xxxxxx
password2 = xxxxxx
server_side_across_configs = true

DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxxxx
client_secret = xxx
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"xxxxxx"}
team_drive = xxxxxxxx

[gcrypt2]
type = crypt
password = xxxxxx
password2 = xxxxxxxxx

hello,

• can you update to latest stable, which has a shiny new vfs cache?
  • can you post your mount commands for each machine
  • can you post a log with debug info?
  • can you post rclone version for each machine?
  • what versions of winfsp are on each machine?
  • have you tried to reboot each machine? just yesterday i ran into a rclone problem. reboot fixed it.
  • I am updating to the newest version of rclone on all 3 machines as we speak.
  • The mount command is through nssm - it was a pretty basic command, but I'm not sure how to retrieve it now that its operating in the background.
  • I'm not sure how to get the log, I'll look into it. I'm guessing I will need to disable the nssm, and manually mount to get a log?
  • Currently updating Rclone but it was 1.52
  • Winfsp is 1.6.20027 - will update also
  • All machines get periodically rebooted. The issue is currently not happening, so I am not sure how useful a log will be. Will update everything and monitor.

Thanks for the help so far

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.