Rclone failing to mount all of a sudden

2021/05/08 17:45:22 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3-DEV" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "ls" "Gdrive:"]
2021/05/08 17:45:22 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/MyUsername/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/05/08 17:45:22 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "Gdrive:"
2021/05/08 17:45:23 DEBUG : 4 go routines active
2021/05/08 17:45:23 Failed to ls: couldn't list directory: googleapi: Error 404: File not found: ., notFound

try rclone about GDrive: -vv

Righto:

2021/05/08 17:52:52 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3-DEV" starting with parameters ["rclone" "about" "Gdrive:" "-vv"]
2021/05/08 17:52:52 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/maltbrew/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/05/08 17:52:52 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "Gdrive:"
Used: 24.236T
Trashed: 300.103G
Other: 0
2021/05/08 17:52:53 DEBUG : 4 go routines active

not sure about that 404 error.

post the config file, redact id/secrets

are you able to access GDrive: on another computer?

--------------------
[Gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = 988251451754-se1i2fvrfdstdi966k5dj1dqpmqtt19c.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = 
scope = drive
root_folder_id = Gdrive
token = 
--------------------

It's this one, right?

root_folder_id = Gdrive does not look correct?

the other config had
root_folder_id = 0ANiDuSKbvdE6Uk9PVA

That was the old one, back when I was a starry eyed fool who still hoped to be able to get it working again.

Then the anger got the best of me.

using rclone, on another computer, are you able to access that gdrive?

Unfortunately I don't have another computer to test with.

My old (ancient) laptop died last month.

i would create a new remote, using as many defaults and not using any advanced settings.

Alright, I'll do that then.

How do I delete the prior remotes so I don't get a port conflict?

Is it enough just to delete in the config?

really strange that rclone about works, but not rclone ls

a config file has nothing to do with ports, so forget about all that.

i would create a new rclone remote and get a simple command like rclone ls remote: to work.

you do not have any other computer, then what computer are you using to access the seedbox?

Right, I see.

I'll get on that then.

you do not have any other computer, then what computer are you using to access the seedbox?

My main desktop?

You wrote "using rclone, on another computer, are you able to access that gdrive?" I understand that to mean that I am using my regular PC and you asked if there was another computer I could use.

Unless I misunderstood?

i would setup rclone on that PC, get that working and then copy the config file to the seedbox.

Aah! That's not a bad idea!

Didn't rclone have like an rclone browser or something?

I remember back when I originally got it up and running I installed some stuff that would make it easier for Windows to see rclone.

• do you own this gdrive or is it a shared gdrive?

• rclone does have some kind of gui.
    it is supposed to help with the creation of config files but i never found easier then using the command line.

• there is a third party software called rclone browser that is very good, but does not help with creating config files.

• I own the Gdrive

• Can't remember if I used that or just command lined it.

• Yes, thought there was something called rclone browser :slight_smile:

But I'm stopping for tonight. I've been at this for 10 hours and all I've accomplished is creating a new remote which I now have to delete.

So I downloaded rclone browser and you actually can config a drive there. So I did that and it there was no problem and now it connects to my Gdrive! So finally on the right track!

Now I just need to import it to my seedbox and technically it should work immediately, right?