Rclone Error Database - How to fix them

This is guide to simply fix errors. This will be updated frequently if I have time to update it.

Amazon Drive (amazon.com/clouddrive)

Amazon Drive can have some errors. Check it here:

Error: Client authentication failed: invalid_client

Amazon Drive banned rclone. You need to have your own API keys but since the entires are closed you can't create new keys. More information.

Here is a the workaround. This only works if you have your own API keys.

Box (box.com)

Box can have some errors. Check it here:

Error 409: item_name_in_use

This is a rare problem but it should be fixed.

Example Error:

2018/11/02 22:33:54 ERROR : folder/image.jpg: put: error uploading: failed to make directory: Error “item_name_in_use” (409): Item with the same name already exists

2018/11/02 22:33:54 ERROR : folder/document.pdf: Failed to copy: failed to make directory: Error “item_name_in_use” (409): Item with the same name already exists

FTP Server

These Errors are related to the FTP Server. Check it here:

Error 521: directory already exists

The directory is already existing. There has been an error where rclone didn't create folder even they didn't exist. Should be fixed.

Example Error:

Failed to copy: Put mkParentDir failed: 521 "storage/folder" directory already exists

Google Drive (drive.google.com)

Google Drive can have some errors. Check it here:

Error 403: Rate Limit Exceeded

You are doing too many requests to the API. Try to use your own Credentials ID.

If you created you own Credentials go to the Google API Console. At the bottom you find all used APIs. Press on "Google Drive API". Take a look there how many requests rclone is doing. The Google Drive API allows 10 request per second. If you do more you receive the Error 403.

Error 404: File not found

Check on your in Google Drive via the Website (or App) if the file still exist there. Otherwise look in your trash.

Error 410: Fatal Error

This an rare Error. There is nothing what you can do about it. Just retry your action.

Error 500: Internal Server Error

There is nothing you can do about it. Wait some time and try it again. It seems there is an issue with Google Drive. Check out the Google Server Status.

Microsoft OneDrive (onedrive.live.com)

Microsoft OneDrive can have some errors. Check it here:

Error 429: Failed to mkdir/to get root

This error means that there are too many request. Try it later again.

Example Error:

2018/02/12 12:00:03 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: 429 :

2018/02/12 12:00:27 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 1 errors and: 429 :

2018/02/12 12:00:47 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 1 errors and: 429 :

2018/02/12 12:00:47 Failed to mkdir: 429 :

2018/02/12 12:02:08 Failed to create file system for "onedrive:": failed to get root: 429 :

NextCloud (nextcloud.com/)

NextCloud can have some errors. Check it here:

Error 406: Not Acceptable

Have you configured the "mod_security"? Try to disable it.

I need some help to collect data. Please write down your errors which you came across and write them down in the comments or PM me (I prefer PM). Please provide the name of the application, error code, why and how to fix it. If it an error which won't have an error code, post a log with it. Please try to add #update to the end so I can find stuff easier.

Overall the idea is just to find error codes in one place.

1 Like

This forum is for this: try to help others

This info might be useful in the documentation for the backends? What do you think?

Sure. Errors are often asked.

Excellent initiative!

Here should be "OneDrive"

Wups. I'm editing from a Code editor for better look etc because it could get quite big depending how many error are being shared. I have done a template and missed to replace it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.