Rclone + Encrypt + Sharing + Shortcut + Sync

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

'''Ok this is a bit complicated. I am trying to share an ecrypted directory. So i shared it. Other party can now view it but it is encrypted. I have them add shortvut to my drive so Rclone can see it. Going from Shortcut other party can see it. Other party creates a crypt with the encrytion keys and passwords. He can all the sudden only see maybe 200 files and directories. I can view all files in Test and online but not when I (d)encrypt'''

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

Yes

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive and Crypt

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount Test_encrypt: P:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Test]
type = drive
client_id = Removed
client_secret = Removed
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"Removed"}
team_drive = 

[Test_encrypt]
type = crypt
remote = Test:Encrypt
password = Removed
password2 = Removed

A log from the command with the -vv flag

EDIT: The shared folder in shared with me keeps changing online, unknown reason

That's no error in that logfile at all.

I'm not sure what problem you are asking about.

When you rclone ls Test_encrypt: are there files or what is the issue? Try without the mount and just run some commands to test with as I'm not sure what problem you are asking about.

So I think it maybe a limitation to google share. This share probably has over a million files. I read that shared drives has a limit of 400,000 files, so it makes sense that sharing a directory would also. When I try to load rclone mount, I have very sporadic results. Sometimes i have a 100 files and sometim,es I have 3 or sometimes i have 0. I originally thought it was an erclone problem, but after posting this I noticed as I load rclone the files even dissapear on the share ont he web interface of gdrive

Yeah, I'm not quite sure I'm following completely as shared drives do have a 400k limit:

Shared drive limits - Google Workspace Admin Help

If you have a million files in a share, that doesn't make sense as you'd be well over the limit.

Do you still need help with something?

Yup, go ahead an close it. Sorry to waste your time again.

No waste of time at all as you figured out what the issue was so happy to help in that process.

Just because the answer wasn't rclone and you/we got to it, I think it was time well spent.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.