Rclone + Emby/Plex saving metadata

Hi guys,

I have been using rclone for quite a long time now without any issue.
In order to have a cleaner folder structure I thought of saving the metadata (images, chapter extractions, …) next to the media.

Is anyone else already doing this and can tell if API limits are an issue? I have 3 to max 4 simultaneous active users, so no biggy here.

Any experience is appreciated!

With Kodi I do this. I also keep those objects in vfs disk cache by setting the timout extremely high and rcloning those objects to fill the cache.

Would you mind sharing your rclone mount command? Would like to compare it to mine.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

I don’t use a mount.

I use a webdav remote instead in Kodi.

You need to use some vfs-flags though, don’t you? Or how do you set the high timout?

--vfs-cache-max-age duration         Max age of objects in the cache. (default 1h0m0s)
--vfs-cache-mode string              Cache mode off|minimal|writes|full (default "off")
--vfs-cache-poll-interval duration   Interval to poll the cache for stale objects. (default 1m0s)
--vfs-cache-max-size int             Max total size of objects in the cache. (default off)

And I set dir_cache_time high as well.

1 Like
closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.