Rclone dont make stream file to vlc

I've modified /etc/fuse.conf as you say, but nothing happen

I've tried to run the command again

rclone mount streamtape: /streamtape --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --allow-other

and now it's taking a while to give me response

it wont give you any:)

as now you dont put -vv which means show everything what is going on - useful when looking for what is wrong.

Without -vv it only tells you when there is issue - so no response is good sign.

Now you can try jelly stuff

YES, IT WORKS FINALLY :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Thank you so much !! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It takes a long time to load the video, but I think I will leave it as it is for now :rofl:

One last question, if reeboted, it still going?

so speed of course will depend on many things... but thx to cache worst case it is only slow first time.

If you reboot than:

1. mount as you run it now wont be there - you will have to start again
  2. whatever in cache will stay

To make all "reboot" proof I suggest you use systemd (more learning:))

Here is very good example:

In this example some options are for dropbox but should give you good overview how to do this right.

And some easy example to start:

Use google and experiment:)

thanks, i'm gonna check it out :clap: :clap:

do not put random options in your mount - read documentation and think - there is a lot of crazy examples on internet including this forum where people just use whatever they see somewhere.

start simple - so you know it works like:

rclone mount streamtape: /streamtape --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --allow-other

add more flags only when needed e.g. I would think about adding:

--vfs-cache-max-age 9999h

because you anyway use 100GB for cache - why to remove stuff which is there when not needed (normally it will be removed after 24h). If more space is needed that what you define in --vfs-cache-max-size rclone will remove old stuff anyway

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.