Rclone Declare Sync Directories?

I'm seeing varying types of cache posts, but not quite what I'm looking for - so I guess it's going to be a feature request unless my google-fu is just broken.

So I have vfs cacheing enabled, and it caches in the ~/.cache/rclone/vfs (linux) for the duration of my max-age parameter.

What I'm essentially looking for (or requesting) is some sort of flag that will keep a directory persistently in that state. So for example:

--persistent-cache = "my-remote:/Documents"

I could keep it cached via vfs it will stay local kind of like those offline/online sync settings the proprietary clients use.

Rclone has been 100% necessary as my work uses Office 365 and I've been able to mount my onedrive/sharepoint directories but there are just several quirks that I feel like would be resolved by implementing this. For example, when opening a csv or xlsx, Libreoffice tries to import blank data and the temp-open state has caused files to become corrupt. I can go in the web and restore but I feel like if I could declare a directory to be cached, my everyday job would be much easier.

I can't find it quickly, but there already is an issue out there for a persistent cache type.

The cache backend has so many bugs, I'd not recommend to go near that.

I think @ncw had some thoughts for the next revision of the vfs cache that would be for that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.