Rclone crypt failed to copy? Broken pipe?

Hi there,

I am very new to rclone, I have tried copying some files over to my Amazon cloud drive using rclone crypt, the first file seems to copy just fine, however I have since tried copying two other files, but have been getting errors, they seem to be the same type of error, I will include some of the printed errors below;

Failed to copy:
write tcp: IP ADDRESS: write: broken pipe

Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors
write: broken pipe

Attempt 2/3 failed with 0 errors
dial tcp: lookup cdws.us-east-1.amazonaws.com: no such host

3/3 failed with 0 errors

Failed to copy: error listing:

I am running it on Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5, the files are all around 20-30 GB. My internet connection works fine (at least I haven’t been able to diagnose a problem).

I have omitted some information regarding ip addresses and such, if anyone could point me in the right direction as to why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated.

Those look like network problems rather than anything else…

write tcp: IP ADDRESS: write: broken pipe is the TCP stream breaking. It might be Amazon or the internet path between you and amazon.

dial tcp: lookup cdws.us-east-1.amazonaws.com: no such host that is a host name lookup failing so your computer trying to look up that IP address.

If I had those errors I would look at my router first and try rebooting it to see if that made a difference.

rclone uses the internet connection very efficiently, so you might want to tell it to slow down a bit with --bwlimit.

Hi there,

Sorry, I forgot to mention, both uploads with to 95% + before encountering the errors, I would imagine if it uploaded the majority with no problems it should upload the rest, hence I was confused and not sure why the error existed. I will reboot and play around with my router when I get home today, I will report back after with my findings!

Hi All,

Just following up on the post to put the information out there, I have since uploaded a few files and everything seems fine (after rebooting router and such), it seems like an internet issue either with my connection or ACD side.

1 Like