Rclone copy command uses more than 3x MB of data for single file, want to know why?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

its regarding amount of data cost per file size. i am sure something wrong on my side. when i copy 5MB file from my pc to my storj account it shows (on my ISP data usage log as well as on my computer usage tracker ) that trasnfered has used almost 2.5X to 3 X amount of data .
so above 5 MB file copy to my storj account using rclone command uses almost 20MB. so is like that.
But when i upload same file using browser . it shows exactly 5MB used.

could anybody give me why such behavior?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.66.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19045.4170 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.22.1
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

storj

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy   -P D:/B.png storj:/test/DELETE/

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[storj]
type = storj
access_grant = XXX

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

Check rclone storj remote documentation. This is expected behaviour when you use native storj API. This is how storj works:) If transfers volumes are your concern use storj S3 gateway instead.

as per your intructions ,yes i read docs it says 2.5x or 3x.
thanks for that. storj S3 gateway is something which is free or they charge for using it?

thanks for quick reply. .

It is free as I know but the best to check on storj website or their community forum.

found how to do via gateway. but transfer speed of upload in too slow just 100kb/s.
any idea why?

Can be many reasons. You misconfigured something, your Internet speed to this gateway is slow, gateway itself can be busy from time to time etc.

Do your own testing - try other tools e.g. aws cli etc.

It will be always slower than direct API but should be perfectly usable - your speed is real slow indeed.

this could me reason. regarding cofigration anything special. i did as per this video

i am using aws cli command as mentioned in video.

i got 1GBps bandwidth. current transfer running via rclone with native. see speed below