Rclone copy and encryption

I am a bit stuck at this. I use Rclone to make a copy from office 365 to DO spaces (works fine). Now I was wondering if it is possible to encrypt it and only copy the changes. Now I have the problem that when I encrypt it. It copies every 300GB every night. And when it is not encrypted. It uses 10 MB a night.

I want to only write the actual changed data (revision). I make a post of this before :slight_smile:

Can you post your command line please?

This is the command I use to make a backup (without encryption)

/usr/bin/rclone copy onedrive: space:kkl/huidig -vv --no-check-certificate --exclude Forms/** --exclude Hoofdbackup/** --backup-dir space:kkl/archief/$(date '+%Y')/$(date '+%b')/$(date '+%d-%b-%Y')  --ignore-checksum

When I did a copy command, I noticed that it did not checked the date (was a few months back).

Thanks. I don’t see anything obviously wrong with that.

If you look at the logs rclone should say why it is copying each file. Find a file you don’t think should have been copied and post the log - hopefuly that will show some light. Or post the whole log if you like.

Thank you for your reply.

I looked up the backup storage. And there is only a backup for the first, since there is : no space left on device. (on the linux machine that transfered the data). When we use it without enscryption, we did nog have this problem. How can we fix this?

Can you paste a log with -vv please?

[root@runner KKL]# 2018/12/07 10:29:02 ERROR : : mkdir /root/cronjobs/KKL/KKLSECURE/xx: no space left on device
-bash: 2018/12/07: No such file or directory
[root@runner KKL]# 2018/12/07 10:29:02 ERROR : Failed to copy: mkdir /root/cronjobs/xx Prive: no space left on device
[root@runner KKL]# 2018/12/07 10:29:02 ERROR :  Failed to copy: mkdir /root/cronjobs/KKL/xx: no space left on device
[root@runner KKL]# 2018/12/07 10:29:02 ERROR :  Failed to copy: mkdir /root/cronjobs/KKL/xx Prive: no space left on device
[root@runner KKL]# 2018/12/07 10:29:02 ERROR : Failed to copy: mkdir /root/cronjobs/KKL/xx: no space left on device
[root@runner KKL]# 2018/12/07 10:29:02 ERROR : LFailed to copy: mkdir /root/cronjobs/KKL/cc: no space left on device

Can you show what command line gave that error please?

And also describe the remotes - thanks.

Command

/usr/bin/rclone copy onedrive: Secure/huidig -vv --no-check-certificate --exclude Forms/** --exclude Hoofdbackup/** --backup-dir Secure/archief/$(date '+%Y')/$(date '+%b')/$(date '+%d-%b-%Y')  --ignore-checksum

It’s a secured S3 (From digital ocean)

Your command doesn’t have an absolute path for the destination?

This means that it will run wherever crontab’s current working directory is, and from the errors it looks like it is filling up the /root partition.

I suggest you turn Secure/huidig into /path/to/Secure/huidig.

But secure is a remote

if Secure is a remote, you need to use “Secure:huidig”