Rclone copy activity recap

Hi there,
I am using

rclone v1.52.3

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.7

to copy some files to gdrive.

It is working fine, and I put the command line in a script triggered by crontab.

I would like to know if, when rclone copy ends its job, I can get a recap of it work like how many files, the whole transfer size and time so that I can log them.

I found the --progress flag, but I think it's more interactive oriented.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alessandro

hi,
if you use a log file, that info would be there.

can you dig deeper please?
I use a log file, my command line is something like

nohup rclone --config $rcloneconf --transfers 4 --checkers 16 --size-only --drive-chunk-size --no-traverse 8M copy from gdrive:/ --log-file=rclone.log </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1

in rclone.log I can't see anything like what I described, but maybe I am missing something.

As a second consideration, having it in the log file is not very convenient, if the command produced a codified output like

number of successfully transferred|number of transfers with errors|number of files|size|time

I think it would be much easier :slight_smile:

It's the last lines of the log if you run with -v.

Transferred:      136.914G / 136.914 GBytes, 100%, 96.772 MBytes/s, ETA 0s
Checks:               118 / 118, 100%
Deleted:               59
Renamed:               59
Transferred:           59 / 59, 100%
Elapsed time:     24m57.9s

ok, any idea of how to extract this easily to log it in my script log?
thx

So you want to write a separate script to parse the rclone.log you created and just keep the transfer stats?

I have a script log with "starting rclone copy" and "end rclone copy" with date and time, if I could manage to put some transfer data between those lines it would be perfect

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.