Tried my best with this complex template - to no avail..
I am trying to run config from inside a batch to reconnect with google drive and minimize interaction. I know I need to see the URL provided - I need to use a different browser than the default system one (And i know there is no way that rclone would use another browser - checked in the forum, and using the ). I have been searching for info on the forum and documentation. While there have been some talks on config API, config automation, and other, it is out of my understanding and besides, (a) rclone config documentation is not providing insights and (b) I have been unable to find what precisely --auto-config would do. Seen elements such as this one How to invoke rclone config reconnect from the command-line , config section (and connection strings) in Documentation and Global Flags for --auto-config, and this one rclone sync with --auto-confirm still prompt interactive · Issue #5186 · rclone/rclone · GitHub and even that other one ... Create a comand for automated remote configuration (esp. for options requiring authorization) · Issue #3455 · rclone/rclone · GitHub and Allow editing the authentication token only in the config file · Issue #2627 · rclone/rclone · GitHub
Documentation for flags states "--auto-confirm: If enabled, do not request console confirmation" that in Allow editing the authentication token only in the config file · Issue #2627 · rclone/rclone · GitHub it is equated to "the --auto-confirm which takes the default for every interactive question."
Not clear if using --auto-confirm will suppress the show of the URL for authentication... And not knowing how to handle exceptions to all default answers...
Here Profile - SimpleBobster - rclone forum it was proposed to feed the answers in the cmd, such as
user@host ~$ rclone config reconnect REMOTE: << EOF
y
n
mytoken
EOF
Already have a token - refresh?
y) Yes (default)
n) No
y/n> Use auto config?
- Say Y if not sure
- Say N if you are working on a remote or headless machine
y) Yes (default)
n) No
Not sure if that was an reasonable way although it looks a way if it works...
Dicumentation in rclone config create is quite terse and without examples, looks that key=value could be a way.
I know rclone is covering a lot of remotes and complexity, so documentation is big and maintenance an issue,... but it is becoming so terse that we would be needing a wiki for explaining the documentation .... unless you are able to dive into go code by yourself. Rclone was in general user friendly (yes, not for dummies but not for high level coders...
Given so many avenues for experimentation and confusion, would seek some guided authoritative answer to my queries...
So, now, my questions
A) Would be --auto-confirm the solution for my needs if all answers are confirmation of the defaults?
B) but, I have one answer that it is not the default... How would my cmd be for the less interactive reconnection if I have at least one option that it is not the default in --auto-confirm? I just wish to keep all configuration no change but need to reauthorize my rclone with drive...
C) besides --auto-confirm, is there another way that my reconnects will be as no interactive as possible ... such as using key=value, as per rclone config documentation? Where is the list of potential keys?
D) would the flag --non-interactive be useful here? Should I understand that if I provide a json blob it will copycut the configuration for all configs? Would some nice soul share a drive blob for me?
What is the problem you are having with rclone?
How to configure the rclone config reconnect to minimize user interaction. I need to obtain the URL to copy paste in same equipment but able to use default browser (using portable one).
Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.
Last current version. v1.75.1
Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)
Google Drive
The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)
rclone config reconect
Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.
not relevant
A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag
not relevant