Rclone Centos Mount at startup & shows the share mounted empty

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

how can i mount shares drives on Centos Servers at startup¿?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

``rclone mount --allow-non-empty --allow-other "DATA - dept01" /TEST1 &`
Paste command here

#### The rclone config contents with secrets removed.  
<!--  You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable.   -->

Paste config here

#### A log from the command with the `-vv` flag  
<!-- You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable.  Or use a service such as https://pastebin.com or https://gist.github.com/   -->

Paste log here

Using systemd is recommended. If you search the forum you'll find many examples.

Hi Nick

Thank you for your answer, but my issue the share are data but once mounted on the Linux server is empty, i try to mounted with all these options but i´ve the same:
rclone mount -vv --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --vfs-cache-mode full --allow-non-empty --allow-other "LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury" /TEST1 &

result:
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "-vv" "--vfs-cache-max-size" "10G" "--vfs-cache-mode" "full" "--allow-non-empty" "--allow-other" "LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury" "/TEST1"]
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : Using config file from "/usr/local/lm/tools/rclone/config_file/rclone.conf"
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : Local file system at /root/LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury: Mounting on "/TEST1"
2020/07/07 09:27:24 INFO : Local file system at /root/LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury: poll-interval is not supported by this remote
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : vfs cache root is "/root/.cache/rclone/vfs/local/root/LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury"
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : Adding path "vfs/forget" to remote control registry
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : Adding path "vfs/refresh" to remote control registry
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : Adding path "vfs/poll-interval" to remote control registry
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : : Root:
2020/07/07 09:27:24 DEBUG : : >Root: node=/, err=

hello,

--allow-non-empty is generally not a good flag to use for mounts.

what is the remote you are trying to mount?
a remote needs a : in it, and i do not see that the in "LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury"

Hi
i trying to mount a share drive with things inside, i try to remount it without the flag --allow-non-empty but the result it's same , is empty:
#rclone mount -vv --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --vfs-cache-mode full --allow-other "LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury" /TEST1 &

many thanks

what is the name of the remote
can do you rclone listremotes and post the output?

Hi

the remote share drive is a valid directory:

rclone listremotes

LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury:
LMES - Technology:

thanks

so need to use one of those remotes, make sure to include the :
remotes need to have a colon character :

https://rclone.org/docs/#copying-files-or-directories-with-in-the-names
" rclone uses : to mark a remote name"

rclone mount -vv --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --vfs-cache-mode full --allow-other "LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury:" /TEST1 &

Ok, does work fine ....
many many thanks .

Bye

any idea to do that mount on /etc/fstab to mount automatically on startup¿?

thanks

i am not a linux expert but i am sure you can search the internet.

i know many rclone users use systemd, so you can search to forum for that.

yes but what is the correct syntax for that, i know very well the Linux system but i'm not able to look the correct syntax.

as i suggested, search the forum for systemd

these servers are CentOs 6 and 7, i tested the mount on /etc/fstab but doesn't work, i put it in /etc/rc.local file does work , but my idea is put it in /etc/fstab, my problem is look the correct syntax.

For CentOS 6 and 7, you should use systemd like noted above. The link shared has an example and if you have a question on how to use it, please ask.

Thank you for help me, in my opinion is easier to do the automount in /etc/rc.local than to create a service in the system.

cat /etc/rc.local

rclone mount -vv --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --vfs-cache-mode full --allow-other "LMES - TEST - FI - Treasury:" /TEST1 &

does work fine

Sure, but you can't stop / start it nor does it track failures.

That also doesn't allow for the networking services to start up as that's why systemd is a better solution.

If that works and meets your requirements though, by all means use it.

Ok
many thanks everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.