I’m looking into switching from GDrive -> rclone encrypt -> PlexDrive -> Plex and replacing PlexDrive with rclone cache.
The setup seems fairly straightforward. I did have a couple questions that weren’t super clear to me in the documentation
My current structure is to mount the Drive folder using PlexDrive, then using two remotes to do the local decryption and mounting those. I assume I would want to just replace PlexDrive with the rclone cache. This would make my rclone remote structure like:
- Folder-One (contains encrypted data)
- Folder-Two (contains encrypted data)
- Mounted rclone cache of Google Drive (replaces mounted PlexDrive of GoogleDrive)
- Does this need to be mounted or is just having the remote configured enough?
- Mounted rclone decryption of Folder-One
- Mounted rclone decryption of Folder-Two
Is that a logical setup to replace PlexDrive with the rclone cache?
Second piece of my question is more around the config flags.
- I’ve got a second server copying new files to Drive periodically, and that one (while hitting drive.files.list throttles/403 errors) is not using much of the quota
- Was thinking of setting this to 1h, is that sufficient to avoid bans and most likely not worry about Plex being out of date?
- I’ve got plenty of local storage for cache, so I was thinking of raising this to 50G
- The server is an actual dedicated box, any harm in raising this from 5M to 10 or 20M?
- Plex login
- Is this my Plex user I’d use to login to the website?
- Can this be an actual dummy user I create that has access to Plex? I’m always worried putting a real account’s username/password anywhere