Rclone cache questions (Windows, Plex, Sonarr, Radarr...)

Hello,

I am new to clone (coming from StableBit CloudDrive) I have a Plex Setup with 15Tb of media.
Here is my config:

[GSuite]
type = drive
client_id = xxxxxx.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = xxxx
scope = drive
token = xxxxxxx

[GSuite_Crypt]
type = crypt
remote = GSuite:Media
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = xxxxxxx

[GSuite_Cache]
type = cache
remote = GSuite_Crypt:Media
plex_url = xxxxx
plex_username = xxxx
plex_password = xxxxx
chunk_size = 16M
info_age = 4d
chunk_total_size = 500G

My mounting command line (Windows):
rclone --vfs-cache-mode writes --allow-non-empty --allow-other --allow-root --cache-chunk-path=E:\_Cache --drive-chunk-size=128M --cache-chunk-total-size=500G --verbose mount GSuite_Cache: M:

Here are my questions:
1/ Is it enough to mount the cache only and to point everything on it (Plex, Sonarr, Radarr)? Or do I need to mount the encrypted one?
2/ --vfs-cache-mode full will it download the FULL file or just the full chunk? Will it download everything when plex is doing a scan?
3/ --vfs-cache-mode writes does it really only read from remote without using the cache at all ?
4/ I keep getting this error:

2019/04/30 20:17:48 INFO : GSuite_Cache: Connected to Plex server: xxxxx:xxxx
2019/04/30 20:17:48 ERROR : plex: websocket.Dial xxxxxx:xxxx/:/websockets/notifications?X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxx: bad scheme

I tried to change the URL to 127.0.0.1 / localhost / weburl, and I keep getting those errors everywhere.

Thanks for your help !

1. I personally don’t use cache at all and just point to your encrypted remote back to your google drive. If you want to use encryption, you need to point the encrypted remote.
  2. vfs-cache-mode full downloads entire files for everything. The vfs file caching is described here: https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/#file-caching
  3. Rclone cache is different from the rclone vfs cache. They are two different use cases and things. vfs-cache-mode writes is when you write a file, it’s written locally first and uploaded immediately.
  4. http://127.0.0.1:32400 should work but plex integration will slow things like scanning and such down as it only uses 1 worker to scan and playback start is slower till it starts playing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.