Rclone between two spaces on DigitalOcean

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am trying to backup a DigitalOcean space to another space in the same region yet I am getting this error
Failed to copy: NotImplemented: DigitalOcean Spaces does not support cross-region or cross-cluster CopyObject.
This script was working correctly till 30th of July 2022.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.59.1

• os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)

• os/kernel: 5.4.0-117-generic (x86_64)

• os/type: linux

• os/arch: amd64

• go/version: go1.18.5

• go/linking: static

• go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Digital Ocean

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

rclone" "-vv" "copy" "spaces-fra1:space1" "spaces-fra1:spacebackup/2022-08-16-02:44:36 PM-UTC" "--tpslimit" "0.4"

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

Editing existing "spaces-fra1" remote with options:

• type: s3

• env_auth: false

• access_key_id: removed

• secret_access_key: removed

• endpoint: fra1.digitaloceanspaces.com

• acl: private

• rps: 1

• provider: DigitalOcean

• bucket_acl: private

• upload_cutoff: 5Gi

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

"/usr/local/bin/rclone" "-vv" "copy" "spaces-fra1:space1" "spaces-fra1:backupspace/2022-08-16" "--tpslimit" "0.4"

2022/08/16 15:12:36 INFO : Starting transaction limiter: max 0.4 transactions/s with burst 1

2022/08/16 15:12:36 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.59.1" starting with parameters ["/usr/local/bin/rclone" "-vv" "copy" "spaces-fra1:space1" "spaces-fra1:backupspace/2022-08-16 "--tpslimit" "0.4"]

2022/08/16 15:12:36 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "spaces-fra1:space1"

2022/08/16 15:12:36 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/moadmin/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"

2022/08/16 15:12:36 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "spaces-fra1:backupspace/2022-08-16"

2022/08/16 15:12:51 ERROR : permissions_check_file: Failed to copy: NotImplemented: DigitalOcean Spaces does not support cross-region or cross-cluster CopyObject. Please see /reference/api/spaces-api/

status code: 501, request id: , host id:

hello and welcome to the forum,

when the script was working, what rclone version was used?
maybe run a test using that version?

and what is rps

The script was created several years ago and was running correctly till 30th of July 2022, the version that was used is 1.50.1 and I also upgraded rclone to 1.59.1 and tested the script using both versions and getting the same error

rps is requests per second.

where is that documented at https://rclone.org/s3/

so far, not looking like a rclone issue, perhaps something changed on your send and/or changed at digital ocean.
have you contacted them?

for a more detailed log, --dump=headers

You are right, I contacted DigitalOcean and they added clusters in some regions and there is no option to copy the files either between the regions or between the clusters in the same region,.

You should disable server-side-copy and run it again. I would make sure you're using a Digital Ocean server rather than using your own bandwidth. Not sure if this counts against your VPS bandwidth or not.

--disable move,copy

will disable that

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.