Rclone auto update content from OneDrive

Mount Command:

rclone mount onedrive: /home/fitsou/onedrive --use-mmap --dir-cache-time 1000h --vfs-cache-mode writes --tpslimit 10 --allow-other

Rclone config

[onedrive]
type = onedrive
token = {"access_token":"",
"token_type":"Bearer","
refresh_token":"","
expiry":"2022-01-22T21:20:34.168365957+02:00"}
drive_id =
drive_type = personal

I'm having a heedless server, with Rclone and Jellyfin. Even though the command above works and plays the media in the OneDrive, it doesn't update the library when a new media is added. i have to reboot the server and re-run the command for the Rclone to see the changes.
I know for a fact that this is not a Jellyfin issue because even with ls command in the terminal i do not see the latest files.

is there a solution? maybe if I add another parameter in the command??

You've set the directory caching time to 1000h with --dir-cache-time 1000h. This is great for performance but unfortunately onedrive doesn't have a changes update implemented so we rely on the directory cache expiring to see new content.

Either reduce to say --dir-cache-time 1h to see new content every one hour, or use vfs/refresh with rclone rc to refresh particular directories or the whole directory tree when needed. Or both!

thanks for taking the time to reply.
when I try to run

rclone rc vfs/refresh dir=home/mypath

or

rclone rc vfs/refresh

I'm getting this error

Failed to rc: connection failed: Post "http://localhost:5572/vfs/refresh": dial tcp 127.0.0.1:5572: connect: connection refused

You need to run the --rc command on the mount to enable it.

Otherwise, it won't work.

See:

Remote Control / API (rclone.org)

it worked by adding --rc

and by running this command:

rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.