Rclone auth specify binding url, instead of 127.0.0.1

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

rclone auth url binding is on 127.0.0.1:53682 instead of 0.0.0.0:53682, hence it's not possible to access this url when rclone is in a docker container.

Is there any way to get it to bind to any ip address on port 53682? Instead of just 127.0.0.1

Thanks

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.57.0
- os/version: alpine 3.14.2 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.11.0-40-generic (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.17.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone config

I don't believe you can change that as it's part of the authorization process and the URI needs to be that.

https://rclone.org/onedrive/#getting-your-own-client-id-and-key

Just authorize from another machine and pick headless as that's the easy answer or you could look to expose that port in the docker but that's a bit behind me.

1 Like

okay, thanks.

I've just downloaded it onto another machine now. Slightly longer...

Would've been better for it to bind to any IP, just a port, just like it is possible with --rc-addr That way, we could specify the IP Address on Azure AD instead.

No problem, thanks anyway

No because you can't register an application like that with any of the providers generally.

The callback URI needs to match up between the app registration on the provider and the application.

1 Like

The binding with rclone could be on any IP address.

But, ofc, the registration with the providers will be specific, like localhost or if on a headless machine, the ip address of that machine, like 10.0.0.11:53682.

It can't. The URI has to exactly match the application or you can't register.

As a quick and dirty solution you could proxy the port with tools like ncat or socat.

1 Like

Specifically:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/getting-started/msa-oauth?view=odsp-graph-online#required-query-string-parameters-2

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.