Rclone and special characters

Hello

I've noticed rclone does not copy or sync files or folders containing special characters like %.
is there a way to solve this ?

Thank you

Yes, there is.

Filling out the help template would help point us to how to answer that and is why we have the template....

It certainly should. More details would help please :slight_smile:

Yes sorry I didnt put any infos.
I'm on windows server 2012
rclone v1.54.0

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.7

I backup a webdav server every night, and it never copy folder with % characters in the folder name, I get an error parsing like :

"webdavserversource/Documents/Foldername/TEST 5%/Proc%C3%A9dure/": Error parsing "webdavserversource/Documents/Foldername/TEST 5%/Proc%C3%A9dure/" as URL: parse "webdavserversource/Documents/Foldername/TEST 5%/Proc%C3%A9dure/": invalid URL escape "%/P"

Thanks

Are you passing those strings in?

Can you show the rclone command you are using please?

And the config file with secrets XXXed out?

Thanks

rclone -v copy source: E:\destination --suffix -revision-"%datestr%" --suffix-keep-extension

[Config]
type = webdav
url = https://XXXXXX
vendor = other
user = user@email.Com
pass = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also it does not copy empty folders, is it normal ?

Yes, unless you use the following rclone copy option:

--create-empty-src-dirs   Create empty source dirs on destination after copy

Yes just found that in a previous forum post (sorry should have checked before)

Any idea why the folders containing % are not copied though ?

Thank you

I'm afraid not..

Just to be sure: You copy from a configured "source:" remote, which is of type webdav, and it contains paths such as webdavserversource/Documents/Foldername/TEST 5%/Proc%C3%A9dure/, meaning the % character is present in the source of your rclone copy?

Yes it is

Thanks

What do you see if you do rclone lsf source:webdavserversource/Documents/Foldername can you paste the file names please?

Can you paste the actual log of the transfer with -vv please? It is difficult to tell what is going on otherwise. Feel free to search and replace things to keep things confidential - thanks!

What webdav server is it?

What is the destination?

I do see the folder names, but cant manage to enter in the folder with a % in his name.

Capture d’écran 2021-03-16 à 17.30.56 log.txt (2.3 KB)

It's a webdav file server provided by my SaaS App provider.
Destination is a local file server (windows 2012R2)

Thank you

When I try making a file structure like this

$ tree /tmp/wsource/
/tmp/wsource/
└── TEST 5%
    └── Proc%C3%A9dure
        └── test.txt

And serve it with rclone serve webdav it works fine.

What it looks like is that the URLs returned by the webdav server have been urldecoded when they shouldn't have been.

I can check this if you can send me the result of

rclone lsf -vv --dump bodies source:webdavserversource/Documents/Foldername

You can PM me that, or email it to nick@craig-wood.com if you want to keep it confidential.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.