Rclone and google cloud storage assistance

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am looking to engage one of you folks to help get better at rclone in particular with Google Cloud Storage. I've been playing with it for several days, got it working, and really like it but I have a particular project setup in mind that I would like to put together.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

the most current one

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

My project focus is on Windows Server but my preference would be a Linux Ubuntu configuration with a NAS attached that would have several file transfer inputs to it from an on premise location that rclone would then sync up to Google Cloud Storage as fast and efficiently as possible.

A secondary project would be to leverage the Docker Container version to create an appliance that I could deploy for different clients within Google Cloud Platform as a Cloud Repository accessible deployment.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Cloud Storage

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone is working fine from the command line on my Windows 10 Ent desktop

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

It's not really clear from your post what exactly you are asking for... I get what your goals are, but what specifically do you need help with to realize them? It's pretty hard to answer when you don't pose any questions..

The first part about syncing a NAS to Gcloud seems pretty straightforward. That should be fairly easily doable. As for running it on Linux, that's also nothing to worry about since rclone was first and foremost developed for Linux.

I can't help with docker, and my personal use is based on Gdrive, not Gcloud, but I can probably help with general rclone use and what you can and can not expect to do with it.

thestigma

thank you very much for your detailed reply and you are correct that I probably need to be more specific

I would like to create a Virtual Machine of a Linux (Ubuntu) implementation that includes GUI support so that I can leverage rclone and the GUI add on tools that are available, especially RcloneTray and Rclone Explorer.

I would like to make the image into an OVF Virtual Machine file so that I can easily redeploy it onsite at a client as a VM on premise.

I am asking for assistance from people that know rclone much better than I do so that I can accomplish the above two goals rather quickly. And I will pay for your assistance.

Once that is done then I would like to engage someone to help create a Docker Container that does the same things but that is accessible via a GUI interface outside of the Container itself so that rclone can be configured for various file copy configurations.

If anyone out there can help me with this mission I would sincerely appreciate speaking with you.

Arnold
arnold at troposphere dot tech ( I hope posting a crypted version of your email is allowed here)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.