Rclone 401 error after 1 hour

Hello

im having a problem as i setup a new server, i setup Rclone to google drive and a google crypt remote aswell, to my allready existing API and drive, it wokred fine for about 1 hour, when i was searching plex lib agian to get it all done, its stoped working and i got an 401 error in my log. so i thought i just could reauth the remote, but no, seval reinstalls later, both ubuntu and rclone setup, its all broken.

its still broken here 15 hours later..

anyone has any idea how i can fix this :3?

kind regards

Can you share:

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Those are all the items in the question template that will help us help you.

Please do answer Animosity's points as these will give us the basics required to help you.

401 generally indicate an authorization error.
This is pretty low-level, unlike some quota or API problem... so nothing should work when this is the error.
Are you able to perform a basic rclone ls remotename: ?

If you can not then you need to check the most basic of basics - that you can still access the drive though the google drive webside for example.

Which method do you use to authorize, and exactly how?

The most common is via oauth (typically done via the rclone config setup process)
The second alternative is via service-account (advanced).
You should explain your process of authorization in as much detail as possible, as unless you have actually been deauthorized by the drive's admin or banned by Google (which should be apparent from checking in the google drive website), this is the most likely place of error.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.