Rclone 1.58.1 release

Rclone 1.58.1 has been released. Find it in the rclone downloads or use rclone selfupdate to upgrade.

This is a bug release to fix a number of minor problems see below for full details.

If you (or your company) is enjoying rclone, please consider donating or sponsoring to keep the project sustainable, or hire me to add a feature you really want!

v1.58.1 - 2022-04-29

See commits

• Bug Fixes
    • build: Update github.com/billziss-gh to github.com/winfsp (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • filter: Fix timezone of --min-age/-max-age from UTC to local as documented (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • rc/js: Correct RC method names (Sơn Trần-Nguyễn)
    • docs
      • Fix some links to command pages (albertony)
      • Add --multi-thread-streams note to --transfers. (Zsolt Ero)
  • Mount
    • Fix --devname and fusermount: unknown option 'fsname' when mounting via rc (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • VFS
    • Remove wording which suggests VFS is only for mounting (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • Dropbox
    • Fix retries of multipart uploads with incorrect_offset error (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • Google Cloud Storage
    • Use the s3 pacer to speed up transactions (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • pacer: Default the Google pacer to a burst of 100 to fix gcs pacing (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • Jottacloud
    • Fix scope in token request (albertony)
  • Netstorage
    • Fix unescaped HTML in documentation (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • Make levels of headings consistent (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • Add support contacts to netstorage doc (Nil Alexandrov)
  • Onedrive
    • Note that sharepoint also changes web files (.html, .aspx) (GH)
  • Putio
    • Handle rate limit errors (Berkan Teber)
    • Fix multithread download and other ranged requests (rafma0)
  • S3
    • Add ChinaMobile EOS to provider list (GuoXingbin)
    • Sync providers in config description with providers (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • SFTP
    • Fix OpenSSH 8.8+ RSA keys incompatibility (KARBOWSKI Piotr)
    • Note that Scaleway C14 is deprecating SFTP in favor of S3 (Adrien Rey-Jarthon)
  • Storj
    • Fix bucket creation on Move (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • WebDAV
    • Don't override Referer if user sets it (Nick Craig-Wood)
6 Likes

I was really hoping this would clarify something but it has not. With the defaults (--transfers 4 and -multi-thread-streams 4), does this mean there are 16 downloads at a time? Or does --transfers control the total?

Actually, the same question holds for remotes that allow non-sequential multi-part uploads.

If we can get some clarity on this, I would be willing to try to update the docs.

FWIW, this also, anecdotally, seems to be the case with Sharepoint via WebDAV.

Yes, there can be 16 downloads at once.

The same applies. The setting of --transfers is independent of the multipart upload settings so it is N x M.

That makes sense, but I don't think that is in the docs.

@ncw

Seeing this when doing sudo systemctl status rclonemount.service:

rclone[9732]: NOTICE: Encrypted drive 'Googlecrypt:': ChangeNotify was unable to decrypt "OpenVPN-Gateway": illegal base32 data at input byte 7

rclone v1.58.0

• os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)

• os/kernel: 5.13.0-40-generic (x86_64)

• os/type: linux

• os/arch: amd64

• go/version: go1.17.8

• go/linking: static

• go/tags: none

Sorry updated to new version, but can you explain what this "error" means?

I don't think that is anything to do with 1.58.1 in particular, but it means you have an unencrypted file or directory OpenVPN-Gateway in your crypted drive.

Ok Thanks . Thats odd because that folder dont exist and all files send to that folder is encrypted via upload script. Everything is automated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.