Rclone 1.53.1 release

Rclone 1.53.1 has been released. Find it here https://rclone.org/downloads/

This is a small point release to fix a few bugs. Most notably the illegal instruction on some ARM computers.

v1.53.1 - 2020-09-13

See commits

• Bug Fixes
    • accounting: Remove new line from end of --stats-one-line display (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • check
      • Add back missing --download flag (Nick Craig-Wood)
      • Fix docs (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • docs
      • Note --log-file does append (Nick Craig-Wood)
      • Add full stops for consistency in rclone --help (edwardxml)
      • Add Tencent COS to s3 provider list (wjielai)
      • Updated mount command to reflect that it requires Go 1.13 or newer (Evan Harris)
      • jottacloud: Mention that uploads from local disk will not need to cache files to disk for md5 calculation (albertony)
      • Fix formatting of rc docs page (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • build
      • Include vendor tar ball in release and fix startdev (Nick Craig-Wood)
      • Fix "Illegal instruction" error for ARMv6 builds (Nick Craig-Wood)
      • Fix architecture name in ARMv7 build (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • VFS
    • Fix spurious error "vfs cache: failed to _ensure cache EOF" (Nick Craig-Wood)
    • Log an ERROR if we fail to set the file to be sparse (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • Local
    • Log an ERROR if we fail to set the file to be sparse (Nick Craig-Wood)
  • Drive
    • Re-adds special oauth help text (Tim Gallant)
  • Opendrive
    • Do not retry 400 errors (Evan Harris)
9 Likes

Hey @ncw after upgrading my Rclone to version "v1.53.1" on Docker I've noticed that it's wiped my VFS cache was this intentional? I noticed the the release mentions a rework of the VFS layer.

I'm using the VFS cache in write mode with the max age set high to 1000000h. The cache contained approx 1tb of data before it was wiped so I would ideally like to avoid this happening again if possible.

The new cache mode has metadata about each object whereas the old cache didn't - I didn't see any way of transitioning to the new scheme without wiping the cache out - sorry.

What you'd need for a transition is to look up each object and re-create the metadata. It wouldn't be impossible to do but it would be quite time consuming as it would need to query each object.

I'll try to keep the metadata consistent so this doesn't need to happen again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.