Rclone 1.46 service account

Hi,

Can’t see my files on google drive, when use a service account json file with Rclone 1.46, what am I doing wrong ?

Did you follow all the steps listed here on creating the drive and using it? Can you share what you are running specifically and what the output is?

https://rclone.org/drive/#service-account-support

followed the step, but get an account wihtout anyfiles on drive…is not asked about login…

Rclone 1.38 is working with service accout…

I just did all those steps with 1.46 and works without a problem on my mac.

If you’d like to share a bit more, like what command you are running and any other details you’d think would be helpful, that would be great.

textere@seraph:~ rclone -v --drive-impersonate felix@host.com lsd TestGD:
          -1 2018-06-07 10:05:06        -1 Arq Backup Data
          -1 2017-06-09 09:59:43        -1 media

–drive-impersonate is only possible when full admin access to G suitee account to set up the impersonate of person, I only got a G Suite account but is not super admin on that…

service account can be used without the impersonate…

So you didn’t follow the steps listed in the link as that was the first thing I asked.

Can you share what you did and what commands you are running? It’s super hard to guess and you seem to give very little detail.

made on key to Rclone, then a service account, then I made a new remote in config followed the wizzard in setup in rclone new remote and selected use service account json file and ponited to that json file but dont get access to the files

on google drive. I can get it to work on rclone 1.38 but in 1.46 somthing is change, even rclone browser dont linke Rclone 1.46, the icon on the drive is not right only ? and not G as it shoud be…

How would you give the API key you made in the one console access to your account if you aren’t doing this part?

I can make service accounts without a problem, but without granting them any access, I’d gather you’d get a blank list back

Again, would be super helpful to see what you are running in 1.36 and what isn’t working in 1.46.

you can apply service account under the folder in the account as shared with

Can you walk through the steps that you did? Again, a little more detail would be great…

I recently upgraded to v1.46 from 1.45 and have issues authenticating to drive. Followed the manual installation procedure.

When v1.45 was setup I followed https://rclone.org/drive/#service-account-support to setup the service account. The drive remote is as follows:

[teamdrives]
type = drive
scope = drive.readonly
service_account_file = /root/drive.json
team_drive = <teamdriveid>

In v1.45 I can lsd, copy and sync Team Drives with user impersonation. When I upgraded to v1.46 I used the same remote, same service account file and same commands but receive this error:

root@rclone:# rclone -v --drive-team-drive <id> --drive-impersonate <user> lsl teamdrives:
2019/04/02 14:19:56 Failed to lsl: couldn't list directory: Get https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files?alt=json&corpora=teamDrive&fields=files%28id%2Cname%2Csize%2Cmd5Checksum%2Ctrashed%2CmodifiedTime%2CcreatedTime%2CmimeType%2Cparents%2CwebViewLink%29%2CnextPageToken&includeTeamDriveItems=true&pageSize=1000&prettyPrint=false&q=trashed%3Dfalse+and+%28%270AEtXAXVW-nYyUk9PVA%27+in+parents%29&supportsTeamDrives=true&teamDriveId=0AEtXAXVW-nYyUk9PVA: oauth2: cannot fetch token: 401 Unauthorized
Response: {
  "error": "unauthorized_client",
  "error_description": "Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested."
}

Not sure if this is exactly what the previous user was running into but it sounded pretty close. Any idea what is getting in the way here?

I’d change scope to drive.

If that isn’t it, you can open up a new issue and log it there. I’ll close this one out.

1 Like