RAM totally saturated on QNAP NAS

Hello everybody,

I have just recently installed on my QNAP NAS (TS-453B) the latest version of Rclone (V. 1.50.0) but in the last couple of weeks, since I have installed it, I am getting my RAM (8 GB installed) totally saturated.

Looking at the background processes it looks like PLEX and Rclone are taking most of the RAM. Rclone is taking a whopping 3.5GB of RAM. I am also getting a warning message saying that swap memory usage is too high.

I understand why Plex could be such a memory hog but why is Rclone taking so much RAM? I am sure there is a way to adjust that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What's your mount command?

This is the last command that I am using. TheStigma, helped me out a lot on this one and he was able to write that command for me since I am totally illiterate when it comes to Linux commands.

/usr/bin/rclone mount gdrive: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/gdrive --config=/etc/config/rclone.conf --rc --vfs-cache-mode writes --cache-dir "/etc/VFScache/gdrive" --attr-timeout 8700h --dir-cache-time 8700h --allow-other --multi-thread-streams 0 --daemon 2>&1 > /var/log/gdrive-mount.log --umask 002 --buffer-size 256M

You are using 256M per open file so if you only have 8GB of memory, you need to reduce that to a reasonable number for your setup.

Ah ok, what would it be a good number having 8 MB of RAM?

I think you mean 8GB. Remove it and just leave it at the default.

yes, sorry made a mistake. Ok let me try it like that. Thanks animosity!

I can´t update the gdrive.sh files :frowning:

Isn´t this the right command?

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RunLast/scripts # nano gdrive.sh

If you have nano installed and that's the right path for your script.

I use vi personally and have never touched nano.

Ah ok, how would I install vi in linux?

vi is installed as a default on pretty much every Linus OS there is.

oh ok. How would I use vi to edit the gdrive.sh?

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/RunLast/scripts # vi gdrive.sh ?

Here is a vi cheatsheet:

Assuming your scripts are located in that path, yes.

ok Animosity, thanks again, I will take a look at it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.