Radarr and rclone mount

You can just use that above as you had posted and leave the others out as the defaults are good.

perfect. ill test it out and report back :+1:

well. the cache itself is working. except now its creating both the final file and a partial and uploading both to gdrive. Im starting to think this is a sonarr/radarr issue. ive been considering doing a setup like yours.

In your /cache dir, what does ls -al show?

vfs/crypt/Movies/

total 12K
drwxr-xr-x  3 root     root     4.0K Jul 29 20:52 .
drwxr-xr-x 26 athelmil athelmil 4.0K Jul 29 20:51 ..
drwx------  3 root     root     4.0K Jul 29 20:52 vfs

Sorry as I actually wanted to walk down it and see what's there:

ls -alR /cache

wait. actually it worked this time. i think last time it fucked up because i interuppted it. let me test one more movie

No problem.

If you see two files in the /cache directory, that would make sense as it would be 2 uploads. That's what I was trying to see.

If you see 1 file in the /cache (assuming you didn't wait an hour for the cache to expire), we should be good.

yupp. im doing another run. i am noticing though even with this its still uloading a chunk of it then it downloads and uploads again. at least this way though its significantly less bandwidth

i think my grafana is mis-reporting something. i downloaded a 4.5 GB file. grafana chart is reporting multiple spikes for upload and download. but total bandwidth is about 4.8 down and 4.8 upload. so im marking this as a win?

https://gyazo.com/37903b5783fbf10e84da7cfa2162e127

initial spike is the initial download. it shows it uploading then it stops, downloads a bunch and then finishes the upload. but the total used bandwidth looks about right. so yeah unless the cache is somehow reporting via network grafana vs disk usage?

I'm not sure as that would depend on how you setup grafana to do the bandwidth.

The goal for me would be to see if there are 2 files in the cache and if there is just 1, you are good.

yupp one file in cache one file in remote. so i think its all good. Also not my grafana setup. i use Quickbox :stuck_out_tongue:

so oddly im trying to add all of this to my service file and im getting a weird error.

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rclone.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

Jul 29 22:59:22 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service:11: Unknown lvalue '--cache-dir' in section 'Service'
Jul 29 22:59:22 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service:10: Ignoring unknown escape sequences: "\"
Jul 29 22:59:22 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service:11: Unknown lvalue '--cache-dir' in section 'Service'
Jul 29 22:59:26 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service:10: Ignoring unknown escape sequences: "\"
Jul 29 22:59:26 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service:11: Unknown lvalue '--cache-dir' in section 'Service'
Jul 29 23:00:29 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service:10: Ignoring unknown escape sequences: "\"
Jul 29 23:00:29 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: /etc/systemd/system/rclone.service:11: Missing '='.
Jul 29 23:05:03 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: Started Google Drive (rclone).
Jul 29 23:31:52 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: Stopping Google Drive (rclone)...
Jul 29 23:31:52 Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal systemd[1]: Stopped Google Drive (rclone).

but when i run it via the mount command everything runs just fine

[Unit]
Description=Google Drive (rclone)
AssertPathIsDirectory=/gsuite
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount crypt: /gsuite \
        --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
        --allow-other \
        --buffer-size 4G \
        --dir-cache-time 72h \
        --drive-chunk-size 128M \
        --umask 002 \
        --vfs-read-chunk-size 512M \
        --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off \
        --vfs-cache-mode writes \
        --cache-dir=/home/athelmil/Cache
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -u /gsuite
Restart=always
RestartSec=10

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

maybe you can see what im doing wrong >.>

make it:

--cache-dir /home/athelmil/Cache

I believe.

Yeah I tried that as well. Different error. Not home atm I'll post that asap

Check there aren't any spaces after the \ at the end of the lines.

That error means that somehow systemd thinks that --cache-dir is starting a new line

hey its you! ive ditched this at this point. and im adopting animosity's config. ive been meaning to but havent had a reason to do so. well i got one :smiley:

yeah i finally took the plunge and copied your setup dude. I was tired of dealing with it my way anyways. Thanks for all the help