Quick double-check on my syntax?

I've looked over the documentation and read through several posts but I must have some kind of issue with the syntax I'm using. Using Win2k19 with rclone 1.55.1, B2 storage and running this as a scheduled task.

I'm capturing the output and I can see my exclude for the "Recycle Bin" isn't working (I see an error "$RECYCLE.BIN/S-1-5-18: failed to open directory") and my bandwidth setting for Sunday isn't respected (the time limits DO work). The sync DOES run and completes fine other than those two glitches. See command below:

rclone.exe --exclude "/System Volume Information/**" --exclude "/$RECYCLE.BIN/**" --ignore-existing --fast-list --max-age 7d --b2-chunk-size 200M --bwlimit "00:00,off 07:00,40M 19:00,off Sun-00:00,off" -v copy F:\ Encrypted_B2:F/

Anything about that jump out as wrong?

Thanks!

hello and welcome to the forum,

when you posted there was a template of questions, including a debut log......

I was initially just asking for a quick look over the syntax to see if there was something obvious I missed. I tried to include everything from the template that would be applicable to the question with the intent I'd reply with the debug log later if it was needed.

Generating the debug output was helpful though! I'm using PowerShell to script this scheduled task and the issue with the "/$RECYCLE.BIN/**" exclusion was because it was getting evaluated as a variable in PS which resulted in rclone getting an incomplete path. The simple fix for this was to escape the "$" with a backtick (`).

good,
nothing better than a rclone debug log.....

if do you do not mind, perhaps you can post both commands, that could help other fellow rcloners.

Absolutely; updated command that works with Recycle Bin below:

rclone.exe --exclude "/System Volume Information/**" --exclude "/`$RECYCLE.BIN/**" --ignore-existing --fast-list --max-age 7d --b2-chunk-size 200M --bwlimit "00:00,off 07:00,40M 19:00,off Sun-00:00,off" -v copy F:\ Encrypted_B2:F/

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.