Problems with Google (Team) Drives backend - Restic

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Using rclone to access Google Team Drives as a backend for a Restic backup is broken.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.3

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 18.04

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Team Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

restic -r rclone:google:Restic backup--verbose backup /mnt/z/UserData
restic -r rclone:google:Restic snapshots

Interestingly the latter is a 'view' operation yet the errors relate to file removals (this may be a restic thing tho).

Note that the same operations using onedrive as backend works so should be something to do with the rclone google team drives handler.

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[google]
type = drive
client_id = [[READACTED]]
client_secret = [READACTED]]
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"[READACTED]]","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"[READACTED]]","expiry":"2020-06-16T17:01:10.8986908+08:00"}
team_drive = [READACTED]]

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Error messages below appear in in STDERR

rclone: 2020/06/16 16:37:51 ERROR : locks/[[FILENAME]]: Delete request remove error: googleapi: Error 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file., insufficientFilePermissions
Remove(<lock/84bf5e225b>) returned error, retrying after 720.254544ms: blob not removed, server response: 500 Internal Server Error (500)

rclone: 2020/06/16 16:37:55 ERROR : locks/[[FILENAME]]: Delete request remove error: googleapi: Error 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file., insufficientFilePermissions
Remove(<lock/84bf5e225b>) returned error, retrying after 873.42004ms: blob not removed, server respons e: 500 Internal Server Error (500)

rclone: 2020/06/16 16:37:57 ERROR : locks/[[FILENAME]]: Delete request remove error: googleapi: Error 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file., insufficientFilePermissions
Remove(<lock/84bf5e225b>) returned error, retrying after 1.054928461s: blob not removed, server response: 500 Internal Server Error (500)

etc etc - the retry timeout tops out at around 15-20s or so and starts again with small timeouts

From that error, it appears to be permissions though?

Can you share a full debug log as maybe that would shed some light on it.

I've only been using restic for maybe a week or so and it's been working every night for me (I"m not using a team drive as it's a regular GSuite drive)

Just tried with '--v' and get tthe same error output.

The folder used for the restic backup is exclusively for restic use - so any permissions problems was generated by the rclone itself.

I do hope can debug as space on Google Team Drive not so useful if I can programmically access it...

You'd need to run with -vv and share the debug log please.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.