Problem with Google Drive on rclone 1.50 and above

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Since updating from 1.49.5 to 1.50 and 1.50.1 i'm having trouble with my setup.

On 1.50 and above i get the following error when trying any commands on my Google Drive setup:

Failed to create file system for "gdrive:folder/subfolder": couldn't find root directory ID: googleapi: Error 404: File not found: 0AFbF7QHXQGSUUk9PVA., notFound

Downgrading to 1.49.5 solves the problem and results in the expected behavior.

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Debian Buster

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync /usr/local/folder/subfolder/ gdrive:folder/subfolder

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

2019/11/10 14:42:20 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.50.1" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "sync" "/usr/local/folder/subfolder/" "gdrive:folder/subfolder"]
2019/11/10 14:42:20 DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2019/11/10 14:42:20 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:folder/subfolder": couldn't find root directory ID: googleapi: Error 404: File not found: 0AFbF7QHXQGSUUk9PVA., notFound

What does your rclone.conf look lke with keys/passwords removed?

I already created a fresh config for testing through rclone config with the same result.

It looks like this:

type = drive
client_id = "custom id" (but i also tried with the one provided by rclone)
client_secret = "custom secret"
scope = drive.file
token = {"access_token":"redacted"}

It's a duplicate issue for this:

Would indeed seem so. I'm just wondering why my setup with the same config posted earlier resumes working on 1.49.5 while the poster is having problems on versions 1.49.5 and above.
I'm going to test the build ncw posted.

Let us know how it goes. I might put this in a point release if it is affecting multiple people.

@ncw The test build fixes the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report @Waseh

I've merged this to master now which means it will be in the latest beta in 15-30 mins and released in v1.51 and likely in 1.50.2 if the testing goes well!

This fixes the problem for me as well.

1 Like

Thanks for testing @DarrellMSU - I'll release this patch in a point release in a few days :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.