Problem with autofs

Hi. I'm trying to set up rclone with autofs on Ubuntu 20.04 and I'm running into a snag. More appropriately, a hang. Here is what I have:

/etc/auto.master.d

/- auto.googledrive -_netdev

/etc/auto.googledrive

/volume1/media -fstype=fuse.rclonefs,config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf,allow-non-empty,allow-other,daemon,default-permissions,uid=1025,gid=100 drive:/Pensieve/media

I am using the rclone mount helper script. For the purposes of debugging, I added --syslog and -vvv to the script.

Here is what happens

root@gigabyte:/volume1# cd media
Feb  2 11:27:38 gigabyte rclone[726911]: rclone: Version "v1.50.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "--syslog" "-vvv" "--config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "--allow-non-empty" "--allow-other" "--daemon" "--default-permissions" "--uid=1025" "--gid=100" "drive:/Pensieve/media" "/volume1/media"]
Feb  2 11:27:38 gigabyte rclone[726911]: Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
Feb  2 11:27:38 gigabyte rclone[726911]: rclone: Version "v1.50.2" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "--syslog" "-vvv" "--config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "--allow-non-empty" "--allow-other" "--daemon" "--default-permissions" "--uid=1025" "--gid=100" "drive:/Pensieve/media" "/volume1/media"]
Feb  2 11:27:39 gigabyte rclone[726932]: rclone: Version "v1.50.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "--syslog" "-vvv" "--config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" "--allow-non-empty" "--allow-other" "--daemon" "--default-permissions" "--uid=1025" "--gid=100" "drive:/Pensieve/media" "/volume1/media"]
Feb  2 11:27:39 gigabyte rclone[726932]: Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
Feb  2 11:27:39 gigabyte rclone[726932]: Google drive root 'Pensieve/media': Mounting on "/volume1/media"

From here, the cd command hangs, as does ls -l /volume1/media.

Output of ps

root /bin/mount -t fuse.rclonefs -o _netdev,config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf,allow-non-empty,allow-other,daemon,default-permissions,uid=1025,gid=100 drive:/Pensieve/media /volume1/media
root /bin/sh -c 'rclonefs' 'drive:/Pensieve/media' '/volume1/media' '-o' 'rw,config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf,allow-non-empty,allow-other,daemon,default-permissions,uid=1025,gid=100,dev,suid'
root /bin/bash /usr/local/bin/rclonefs drive:/Pensieve/media /volume1/media -o rw,config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf,allow-non-empty,allow-other,daemon,default-permissions,uid=1025,gid=100,dev,suid
root rclone mount --syslog -vvv --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-non-empty --allow-other --daemon --default-permissions --uid=1025 --gid=100 drive:/Pensieve/media /volume1/media
root fusermount -o subtype=rclone,fsname=drive:Pensieve/media,nonempty,allow_other,default_permissions -- /volume1/media

It is important to note that I can run the same rclone command, with the same command-line arguments and everything works perfectly.

Thoughts?

hello and welcome to the forum,

that is a very old version of rclone, that latest stable is v1.54.0.
you can update here
https://rclone.org/downloads/#script-download-and-install

perhaps use a rclone debug log file.

i do not have the answer to your problem.
just wanted to share that is what most rcloners use
https://github.com/animosity22/homescripts/blob/master/systemd/rclone.service

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.