Following my previous post, I decided to copy my files into a local crypt before uploading to S3. This way I can make sure that data is verified during upload.
In a few months I'd like to repeat, but I'd like to only upload the delta, something like this
- Compare my files and S3 remote and compute the delta
- Copy the delta files into a local crypt
- Upload the local crypt to S3.
There are two issues:
- How do I achieve #1? I'm aware of
ls*, but they won't help here
- How do I deal with deleted files?
The closest solution was this comment in 2019, but I wonder if there is any built-in/better solutions.