Plexdrive + Rclone, Smart TVs Buffering

I am using Plexdrive 5 and rclone to decrypt my media from GD. I am currently having problems with Smart TVs buffering from time to time not all the time. Is there a reason why?

This is my Plexdrive mount command:

./plexdrive mount -v 3 -o allow_other,read_only --chunk-size=30M --refresh-interval=1m --chunk-check-threads=4 --chunk-load-threads=4 --chunk-load-ahead=4 --max-chunks=20 /home/plexcloud

And this is my rclone mount command:

rclone mount -vv gcrypt: /home/gdrive/ *--allow-other* --allow-non-empty &

rclone Version:

rclone v1.51.0
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.13.7

OS - Ubuntu 16.04 64bits

Cloud Storate - Google Drive

Thanks in advance.

You deleted the template used to collect information. Can you fill it in including the log? And it could be many things. Slow Network. Incapable TV. Plex drive.
Transcoding. incapable vps. Etc..

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am using Plexdrive 5 and rclone to decrypt my media from GD. I am currently having problems with Smart TVs buffering from time to time not all the time. Is there a reason why?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 16.04 64Bits

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Plexdrive 5

./plexdrive mount -v 3 -o allow_other,read_only --chunk-size=30M --refresh-interval=1m --chunk-check-threads=4 --chunk-load-threads=4 --chunk-load-ahead=4 --max-chunks=20 /home/plexcloud

rclone

rclone mount -vv gcrypt: /home/gdrive/ *--allow-other* --allow-non-empty &

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = REMOVED
client_secret = REMOVED
scope = drive
token = REMOVED
root_folder_id = REMOVED

[gcrypt]
type = crypt
remote = /home/plexcloud/MediaEncrypt
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = false
password = REMOVED
password2 = REMOVED

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

2020/05/14 18:45:37 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "copy" "tmp" "gdrive:tmp"]
2020/05/14 18:45:37 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/ubuntu/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2020/05/14 18:45:37 DEBUG : gdrive: Loaded invalid token from config file - ignoring
2020/05/14 18:45:37 DEBUG : gdrive: Saved new token in config file
2020/05/14 18:45:39 INFO  : Google drive root 'tmp': Waiting for checks to finish
2020/05/14 18:45:39 INFO  : Google drive root 'tmp': Waiting for transfers to finish
2020/05/14 18:45:39 INFO  : 
Transferred:   	         0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Elapsed time:         0.0s

2020/05/14 18:45:39 DEBUG : 7 go routines active
2020/05/14 18:45:39 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "copy" "tmp" "gdrive:tmp"]

I'm not sure what help we can provide as you are using plexdrive to stream your media and not rclone.

If you want to test a rclone mount, you can try that.

You'd probably want to check the plexdrive github and see if they have any recommending settings to use and grab the latest version from them.

From my memory with plexdrive, you did change some of the default settings around and I recall using the defaults worked much better for me.

Thank you for your reply. I am going back and forward, I started with Plexdrive 4 first and I had buffergin I switched to rclone and then rclone cache, it worked good but then I wanted to encrypt my data and I used rclone crypt and then again I had buffering issues. Then I tried Plexdrive 5 and rclone crypt and it worked flawlessly for some time and then again I am having problems with buffering. I don't know what am I doing wrong. Which is better for Plex streaming using VPS and Google drive? Plexdrive or rclone crypt? Can you point me to the right direction? I just need to find a way to play media without struggling so much and changing settings all the time.

Here is my rclone crypt command that I used before Plexdrive + rclone:

rclone mount -vv gcrypt: /home/gdrive --allow-other --allow-non-empty --dir-cache-time 72h --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --umask 002 --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off &

I would so much appreciate any feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.