Plex Scan Media

Hi, I have a problem since morning to scan my plex TV media. I had to format my server and re-setup again.below is my mount.

[Unit]
Description=RClone Service
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount gmedia: /gmedia
--allow-other
--dir-cache-time=6570h
--cache-chunk-size=10M
--cache-info-age=168h
--cache-workers=5
--cache-tmp-upload-path /data/rclone_upload
--cache-tmp-wait-time 60m
--buffer-size 0M
--syslog
--umask 002
--rc
--log-level INFO
ExecStop=/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/fusermount -uz /gmedia
Restart=on-abort
User=root

[GD]
type = drive
client_id = client
client_secret = secret
token = {"access_token":"ytoken”,”token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token”:”refresh”,”expiry":"2018-04-17T14:16:08.607631226-04:00"}

[gcache]
type = cache
remote = GD:media
chunk_total_size = 32G
plex_url = http://127.0.0.1:32400
plex_username = email
plex_password = password
plex_token = token

[gmedia]
type = crypt
remote = gcache:
filename_encryption = standard
password = password
password2 = password
directory_name_encryption = true

API dashboard

plex Tv

for the movie all media was scanned without issues.

is this a ban from gdrive

google does not ban you, but it does block you ability to use the service for a period of time.

have you looked into the logs?
you should see something like 403 user rate limit exceeded
It means you are requesting too many API hits so it’s throttling you down a little.

or
Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded
you are blocked for 24 hours.

Hi asdffdsa, could you please help me out how to get the logs file.

as per your command, you seem to be using syslog.
as that does not work on windows, i am not familiar with that.

but you can add a log file like by adding this to your command.
https://rclone.org/docs/#log-file-file
https://rclone.org/docs/#log-level-level

--log-file=/path/to/log/logfile.txt --loglevel=DEBUG

but @thestigma knows all about gdrive.

There are 2 ways you can do it. (aside from syslog which I also have no experience with... did you just copy this confguration from someone or do actually know to to use syslog? before if you do the same info should be found there I expect).

Normally if you just run rclone as a program in CMD or in your case terminal - then the log of what is happening will be displayed right in that window, which may be useful for real-time diagnosing an issue.

However, since you are running this as a service this window is effectively hidden from you as a bacground task. This means to see the log you will need to direct it to a file. You could just pipe the output like you probably have done in other commandline apps - but it is much easier to use the native rclone means to create a log.

Just add this to your config:
--log-file "pathy/to/a/folder/rclonelog.txt"

You can then just read this to see output (you can open it while it is running, just don't save the file). Any important errors like 403 will show up even with a low-verbosity level like INFO that you use.

My best guess for what is going wrong is that you have too aggressive Plex scans enabled on auto.

Plex was designed to access local disks or network storage, not a mounted cloud-drive, so some of it's scanning types can be very agressive - reading loads of data and querying files very often to gather things like metadata, previews ect. While this is not such a big deal on local storage it can certainly be a problem on a cloud-based system since you obviously have much less transfer speed to it + also API restrictions (1000 requests pr 100 seconds). If Plex decides it wants to read all of your files 100% to generate previews in an advanced scan that could literally result in your entire archive being read via the internet - which would probably not be what you want.

The solution is usually that you disable the most agressive scanning options that can not do it's just jus based on the file-attributes from the listing it gets (and thus needs to actually access each file in sequence). Such scans should only be performed manually, and sparingly - in a "downtime" period when nothing else is going on.

If you can find the spesific error type (you will want to look/search for 403 in the log) I can say a little more about the spesific error. There are several type of 403 errors however. Be sure to paste the full error line including the text-description.

i have done that

so you want me to add that line in my service mount

[Unit]
Description=RClone Service
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount gmedia: /gmedia
--allow-other
--dir-cache-time=6570h
--cache-chunk-size=10M
--cache-info-age=168h
--cache-workers=5
--cache-tmp-upload-path /data/rclone_upload
--cache-tmp-wait-time 60m
--buffer-size 0M
--syslog
--umask 002
--rc
--log-level INFO
--log-file "pathy/to/a/folder/rclonelog.txt
ExecStop=/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/fusermount -uz /gmedia
Restart=on-abort
User=root

1. you might be missing a quote at the end. tho if there are no spaces in the path and filename, you do not need the quotes at all.
  2. as you wrote it, the path is relative, you might want the path to be absolute.
    you might want to add a forward slash to the path.

i think it should be
--log-file "pathy/to/a/folder/rclonelog.txt"
or
--log-file "/pathy/to/a/folder/rclonelog.txt"

Yes, but obvious this was just an example and you need to change the path here to something that makes sense for you. Your part should probably look something close to this
users/Alora/rclone/rclonelogs.txt

But obviously don't just copy/paste this blindly either. I assume you have to know how folders work on your system - otherwise it will be very difficult to help you :slight_smile:

Guys, it has nothing to do with rclone or Gdrive limits. TheTVDB has been having issues once again. I've been dealing with it all day, on and off. That explains why the movies scanned just fine, but not the shows. When this happens, and it does happen frequently, all you can do is wait until TheTVDB fixes their server issues, and then scan again or refresh metadata in Plex.

Oh I see... do you know a source for the information?
Any way to confirm this is the problem in Plex?

The best kind of problem is the type that will just away by itself :stuck_out_tongue:

It's all over r/PleX and also the Plex forum. This is unfortunately very common for TheTVDB...

Tried to fix a match in Plex right now by entering the corresponding TVDB ID. No go...

Ok, thanks for the info.
It sounds like maybe the OP should just wait a little bit and see if the problem resolves itself then - and maybe check reddit for the ongoing status. It would be nice if we had a way to confirm this was the problem - but I am not sure how you might test this in Plex.

One way to test this outside of Plex is to use something like FileBot, which uses TVDB's API. I can confirm that nothing can be pulled from it at the moment.

Thanks. all is ok now

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.