Plex + rclone vfs + google team drive

Hi, please can help me?
can you tell me if my rclone mount is good and fast for play my movies?

rclone mount xxxxx: /xxx/gdrive/xxxx --allow-other --allow-non-empty --fuse-flag sync_read --dir-cache-time=48h --cache-chunk-size=10M --cache-chunk-total-size=20G --cache-info-age=40h --cache-workers=6 --attr-timeout=1s --cache-tmp-upload-path /home/rclone/rclone_temp --modify-window 1s --umask=002 --cache-chunk-path /home/rclone/cache_dir/cache_backend --cache-db-path /home/rclone/cache_dir/cache_backend --cache-dir /home/rclone/cache_dir --buffer-size=0M --volname Media --syslog --log-level INFO --cache-tmp-wait-time 15m --daemon --daemon-timeout=10m --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --vfs-read-chunk-size=64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes

I want to play fast my movies (4k, 1080p, etc)
and i have zubsero plugin (subtitles search)

i have a dedicate server with:
1 Gbit/s bandwidth
Intel Core i7-2600
4x HDD SATA 4,0 TB Enterprise
4x RAM 4096 MB DDR3

Can you help me please?

@animosity022 can you help me?

I don't use the cache backend at all as I find it slower.

I'd remove:

This allows for over mounting/hiding and really shouldn't ever be used.

This is by default and isn't needed and you can't use fuse flags in rclone unless you custom compile it and use 'cmount' instead of mount.

Not needed and cane be removed as the defaults handle this already.

This is the default so can be removed.

I'd remove these and just use the defaults.

I'd probably make this 32M or 64M. I don't use cache though so maybe someone else has a better value.

Everything else seems fine.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your time!!! :wink:

I will make the changes now thankss!

My final rclone:

rclone mount xxxx: /xx/xx/xx --allow-other --dir-cache-time=48h --cache-chunk-size=64M --cache-chunk-total-size=20G --cache-info-age=40h --cache-workers=6 --cache-tmp-upload-path /home/rclone/rclone_temp --modify-window 1s --umask=002 --cache-chunk-path /home/rclone/cache_dir/cache_backend --cache-db-path /home/rclone/cache_dir/cache_backend --cache-dir /home/rclone/cache_dir --buffer-size=0M --volname Media --syslog --log-level INFO --cache-tmp-wait-time 15m --daemon --daemon-timeout=10m --tpslimit 10 --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes &

is it better right?

Looks good to me. Give it a whirl and see it performs :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.