Plex Music usage, mount options

Hi! I am trying to get the most out of my rclone mount which I use for music serving over PLex and Airsonic(need to decide which to keep). I am running the default config mount options:

"-v --uid 1008 --gid 1008 --timeout 1h --tpslimit 10 --dir-cache-time 5m --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-max-age 1h --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 1024M --vfs-read-chunk-size 26M --buffer-size 16M --allow-other"

Any mount options from you guys to make it perform better? :slight_smile:

ps: PLex is notoriously bad for music via cloud mounts as far as I know so I would like to stick with airsonic

hello,
are you having a specific problem with streaming music?
you sure have a lot of flags.

i actually use two mounts, one mount points to the other mount.
and i use none of those flags

one mount is in my seedbox, rclone serve sftp lcrypt01:
then i have my local server connect to the rclone mount over vpn using rclone mount appboxsftp: s:
and on that local server i run emby which i point to the s: drive.

also, do not think you need this flag, as the default is already 5m

--dir-cache-time duration                Time to cache directory entries for. (default 5m0s)

Alright! I will check that :slight_smile: I found that plex is really slow when loading the next song for example, and scanning the library is very slow too.

The option @asdffdsa suggested should help with scanning if you make it really high. The slow start though will probably continue.

what is the full rclone command?
which cloud provider do you use?
where is the plex running?

there are lots of things that can slow scanning.
with emby, i set it to:

• not generate thumbnails
  • not access websites to get images, artwork and so on.
  • do not auto-scan. when and if i need to scan i do a manual scan.

and i know many users have very complex setups with mergerfs, sonnar and what not.
that might be an option for you.

I see, but every improvement is worth it!

Plex opens and closes music files a lot so the cache backend is really the only thing would work well. @ncw is working on merging the two backends together and at some point, we'll have those options in the vfs backend as well. You may want to wait for that or give the cache backend a try.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.