Plex Library not updating

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.1

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Xpenology (Synology)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

A google drive shared with me. I have no write access, only read.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

sudo rclone --config "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" mount GDrive: "/volume1/SHR Volume/Google Drive" --allow-other --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 15s --umask 002 --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36" --cache-dir="/volume3/NVME" --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 900G --vfs-cache-max-age 336h

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[GDrive]
type = drive
client_id = !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
client_secret = !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scope = drive.readonly
token =!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! I hope you are all doing well and thank you for looking at my post.

I am trying to find assistance to lead me down the correct path. Recently, I got a shared google drive that I mounted on my NAS for plex using the command above (I basically copied @Animosity022 script ) However, I found that after its initial big scan it would not update the library anymore. It seems all files play fine. I've found that I can use the built-in DSM file manager to find content in the mount that plex is not finding. I can even play the file using VLC.

I've attempted to increase the number of directories Linux can monitor but no change. I used the value 262144 even though I really only have like 50k.

I don't know if this information is useful but, I created a shortcut of the root google share directory into the root of my plex drive. I did this so I could also my GDrive at the same time. Also, I found that the Drive ID would sometimes be changed leading to movies no longer playing when I set the root of the share to the root of the drive share. When it changes I just remove the shortcut, create another shortcut with new ID (Sometimes host moves the drive from hidden to unhidden), and then restart the service and Plex does not have to rescan as the file structure stays the same.

One last thing, I don't use encryption because I am unsure how to do it.

Thank you all for looking at my post and hope someone who encountered this before can help me.

I'm not sure I'm following.

When you go to the mount, are there new files there or not?

Hello,

Yes, there are new files. Since I cannot add files to the google drive share, I logged in via browser and used the activity panel on the right to see which files were added last. I search for files added a few days ago on the google drive within Plex and find nothing.

I the google drive mount shared on the network and mounted as a mounted drive. I look for those files on my desktop and it finds them -I can play them.

I hope this information helps, thank you for always helping out.

So you see them on your mount or not? You mentioned you see them in the browser.

Can you share a debug log of the mount?

Yes, i see new files on mount, i see new files on browser.

I cannot get plex to see the new files since initial scan.

Yes, when i get home i will create a log to share here. Just can't do it right now since I'm at work. I'll post back soon.

Sorry for the long delay, I started a log as soon as a Plex scan was initiated. I attempted to use pastebin but I could not copy such a huge file.

If any lurker ever finds this post, I found that I needed to add libraries one at a time. I.E., I had multiple subfolders for types of shows and movies. I had to add one, let it finish scanning, add another, etc.

That's something else then as I've added entire libraries at a time without any issue.

If you can see anything on the mount, that's really all that's needed.

There isn't much in the log that shows any issues either.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.