OVH to Wasabi - Wasabi traffic Mitigated

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hi, I am connecting Wasabi S3 storage to a dedicated server from OVH
Problem is whenever the incoming Bw from Wasabi goes high, around 900 Megbits or something, OVH Mitigation kicks in and detects this as a Ddos attack.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

I am using 1.57.0

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Wasabi S3 is my Cloud storage

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount storage02431:storage02431 /files --allow-other --rc -vv
--fast-list --umask 0 --uid 0 --gid 0 --vfs-cache-mode writes
--dir-cache-time=48h --cache-chunk-size=10M --cache-info-age=48h
--cache-workers=5 --cache-tmp-upload-path /opt/gcache
--cache-tmp-wait-time 30m --buffer-size 0M --log-file /opt/gcache.log
--cache-db-purge

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[storage02431]
type = s3
provider = Wasabi
access_key_id = accesskey
secret_access_key = secretaccesskey
endpoint = s3.eu-central-1.wasabisys.com
acl = private

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Not sure if this is the correct log requested.

2021/12/11 17:46:29 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "storage02431:storage02431" "/files" "--allow-other" "--rc" "-vv" "--fast-list" "--umask" "0" "--uid" "0" "--gid" "0" "--vfs-cache-mode" "writes" "--dir-cache-time=48h" "--cache-chunk-size=10M" "--cache-info-age=48h" "--cache-workers=5" "--cache-tmp-upload-path" "/opt/gcache" "--cache-tmp-wait-time" "30m" "--buffer-size" "0M" "--log-file" "/opt/gcache.log" "--cache-db-purge"]
2021/12/11 22:51:36 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "storage02431:storage02431" "/files" "--allow-other" "--rc" "-vv" "--fast-list" "--umask" "0" "--uid" "0" "--gid" "0" "--vfs-cache-mode" "writes" "--dir-cache-time=48h" "--cache-chunk-size=10M" "--cache-info-age=48h" "--cache-workers=5" "--cache-tmp-upload-path" "/opt/gcache" "--cache-tmp-wait-time" "30m" "--buffer-size" "0M" "--log-file" "/opt/gcache.log" "--cache-db-purge"]

So what's the question?

I'd guess you want to cap the bandwidth?

--bwlimit BwTimetable                  Bandwidth limit in KiB/s, or use suffix B|K|M|G|T|P or a full timetable

Appreciate the response pal.

My question, actually my problem, is why OVH is Mitigating legit traffic from Wasabi cloud? I have tried this on other servers from other DC's. None of them show this behavior.

That OVH server has 3GBPS allowed network in Platinium grade.

I wanted to share my config and issue here, thought maybe someone else have had this problem with OVH.

I think OVH could probably answer that.

Actually you know what, screw OVH.

3 days 0 replies.

I am moving my services to another DC.

Thanks for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.