Out of memory: error killed process

Hello, I'll try modifying the flag then.

By the way, what product are you referring to from Hetzner? Can it be mounted with rclone?
Could you share your experience and any limitations of that product? I'm concerned about the monthly bandwidth, I'm not sure if Hetzner has any limits.

I'll try to follow your instructions. Are the flags you provided suitable for fast reading and performance?
Keep in mind that I want to share my Jellyfin with friends and family. I'm afraid the reading speed might not be sufficient.

Also, I'm going to take this opportunity to ask, do you know if there is any Rclone flag or setting that makes the playback client not use the bandwidth of my network, but instead rely directly on the S3 provider's network?

Thanks.

cheap hetzner vm and hetzner storagebox.
the storagebox can be access over internet and within the vm.
ssh, sftp, smb/samba, webdav and protected with ZFS snapshots.

storage box has no limits.
the vm has unlimited inbound, 20+TiB outbound/month

well, jellyfin server is own my network, and the client is streaming from the jellyfin server.
so that is using my network bandwidth, correct?

I'm not sure if I understood very well what you tried to say with "my Network". The Jellyfin server is running on a VPS with a network speed of 100Mbps.

So, is there any way for the files being played not to go through the network of the VPS? It would be ideal if there were a flag that allowed the bandwidth to be consumed by the client who opens it, that is, the user who plays the platform, and that the network depends on the client user and the S3 provider without depending on the internet speed of the VPS where Jellyfin is hosted and where rclone is mounted.

I'm not sure if what I'm asking for is too much or what. Haha

the jellyfin server and the rclone mount would use the bandwidth from the vps server.
the client connecting to the jellyfin server would also use the bandwidth from the vps server.

lol, try --magic

Hahaha, I wish there was a --magic flag, honestly I was just asking just in case. It would be so cool if it were possible. I have no choice but to not be so generous in giving access to my Jellyfin or to pay for a VPS with a faster network port. Although I suspect it's more likely the former because there are videos that I don't even compress. Haha.

Thank you very much for your help, my friend. I'll try it out and if something else comes up, I'll let you know. Thanks a lot, buddy, you helped me with the info (and also with the interventions in other support threads in this forum).

well, i know with my hetzner setup,
if i stream the media files direct over webdav.
then no jellyfin, no rclone, no bandwidth limits.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.