Other than Google Drive, which provider(s) support root_folder_id? How to safely share a folder without exposing the root folder/entire drive?

Other than Google Drive, which provider(s) support root_folder_id?

The idea is to safely share a folder without exposing the root folder/entire drive. Please share how you do it. Thanks.

You don't really need to mount the exact remote configured. You can mount any subfolder present in the remote as necessary.

If I share the one folder with someone else, how do I secure/hide the rest of the drive?

If you are share only that one folder, that person can only see that folder or are you asking something else?

rclone mount gg:some/sub/folder

That will just mount the subfolder.

rclone serve webdav gg:some/sub/folder
rclone serve http gg:some/sub/folder

Those will create web services for just the sub folder.

Is that what you're looking for?

Thanks. I am looking for 'Google Drive like' providers, that allow us to configure a sub-folder as root-folder, so I could share the config to others without me opening sftp, webdav, http, to serve them.

Each provider is fairly unique. If you have a provider in mind, please share as it's not possible to answer a question that's so broad other than "Maybe" but depends on the provider.

Most allow you to share links and the person would configure rclone as their own user and connect. Once you share your own credentials, the cat is out of the bag so to speak.

Other than Google Drive, is there any other drive that supports "root_folder_id" in configuration?

"root_folder_id" is a specific item in rclone for Google Drive.

I'm still not following your use case and what you are trying to accomplish so I'm not sure what else I can provide unfortunately.

rclone help flags | grep fold
--drive-root-folder-id string ID of the root folder
--fichier-shared-folder string If you want to download a shared folder, add this parameter
--jottacloud-unlink Remove existing public link to file/folder with link command rather than creating.
--sharefile-root-folder-id string ID of the root folder
--sugarsync-deleted-id string Sugarsync deleted folder id
--yandex-unlink Remove existing public link to file/folder with link command rather than creating.

Doesn't look like it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.