OSX Where is the config file in a Time machine backup?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am looking for my rclone config file in my Time Machine backup.
The mac I was using has been sold and I did not manually keep a copy of the config.
But I have a full backup.

Is there any way to find the config file from this backup ?
I am accessing the drive from windows. DO I have to find a mac and do a full restore and run rclone config then ?
Any help would be most welcome.

hi,
on linux and windows, it should be in a sub folder of your home folder
~/.config/rclone

if you are able to access the drive from windows, then you can copy the rclone.conf from the windows machine to the mac machine.

if you want to find that config file on mac, you can do a file search for rclone.conf, as that is the default file name.

Windows can't find any file with that name one the time machine backup through a search.

I will try tomorrow to access this backup through a mac.

But there must be a location where this file is kept by default no ? Short of having to reinstall the whole backup on a drive just so i can launch a rclone config ?

if you are able to run rclone on windows and want to find config file then
rclone config file

I said I am looking for the config file on a time machine backup, not on windows, thanks for trying to help.

sorry, i misunderstood.

as i mentioned, the default location is under the home folder.

https://rclone.org/docs/#config-config-file
" Normally the config file is in your home directory as a file called .config/rclone/rclone.conf (or .rclone.conf if created with an older version). If $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set it will be at $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/rclone/rclone.conf ."

You are a life saver today, thanks a bunch mysterious asdffdsa stranger !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.