Opendrive as alternative to Google?

Hello
Someone here is using opendrive i have questions about it? Pls leave a Comment or sent me a PM.

1 Like

slow to begin with, becomes basically unusable after around 10 TB

Both services offer similar features in terms of storing, syncing, and sharing files. However, there are some key differences:
Google Drive involves storing your data on Google's servers. Some users may have concerns about privacy and data ownership since Google may analyze user data for advertising and other purposes.
OpenDrive offers private cloud storage solutions, allowing users to keep their files on their own servers or choose from OpenDrive's servers.
Google Drive is tightly integrated with other Google Workspace apps, providing seamless collaboration and productivity tools like Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
OpenDrive also supports collaboration features, but the integration with productivity tools may not be as extensive as Google's.
Both services offer different storage plans at varying price points.

1 Like

If you use crypt, it doesn't matter whether they analyze your photos. There are likely other reasons you don't hear about its use though. I just don't know them first hand

So, if I use crypt, does that mean Google can't get access to the stored files? I'm not too familiar with this topic, so I'd really appreciate your reply!

1 Like

Sure, I can help you with that. Please leave your questions in the comments section below, and I will do my best to answer them. You can also send me a private message if you prefer.

that is correct. only rclone can decrypt the files.

That's great, thanks.