OneDrive syncronization error on Microsoft side


#1

Hi all,

I am trying to follow the procedure to add a OneDrive remote, however I am encountering a big issue when I connect the browser to localhost, it get correctly redirected to a microsoft domain that unfortunately return an error.

It is unable to get the necessary token and all I got from microsoft is:

The URL of the page is the following: https://login.live.com/err.srf?lc=1033#error=invalid_request&error_description=The+provided+value+for+the+input+parameter+‘redirect_uri’+is+not+valid.+The+expected+value+is+‘https://login.live.com/oauth20_desktop.srf’+or+a+URL+which+matches+the+redirect+URI+registered+for+this+client+application.&state=6fd237a3974dcf831d357c288de2ac3e

Does anybody has seen this issue before? How can I work around this?


#2

Did you leave client_id and client_secret blank? Or did you put your own values in? Leaving them blank is recommended.


#3

I’m getting the same error. The error occurs when trying to authorize with an own app id & secret, i.e. run 'rclone authorize “onedrive” “<app_id>” “<app_secret>”. It seems Microsoft doesn’t accept how the request redirect URI is presented.

Anyhow, using recommended settings works fine, leaving client_id and client_secret blank.


#4

You need to make sure you’ve set the redirect URL to “http://localhost:53682/” in your client_id config and then it should work.


#5

I remembered once I ran rclone authorize onedrive ... and it failed because there’s some special character in the app_secret and it got expanded by my shell. I had to change "app_secret" to 'app_secret' so the shell passes it as is. Not sure if this is your case; just for your reference.